account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z5 premium dual simple ringtone setting missing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 94
Message 1 of 94

Z5 premium dual simple ringtone setting missing

Different ringtone for dual sim setting missing after mm update
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 94
Message 15 of 94

Re: Android 6.0 Ring tone bug

I've received more information on this and in Android 6, it's no longer possible to set ringtone to your second SIM card. This is a limitation on platform level from our platform supplier and this feature will not be available on our products on Android 6.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

93 REPLIES 93
One time poster
Message 2 of 94
Message 2 of 94

Re: Z5 premium dual simple ringtone setting missing

Just received update (6.0) and now I have same problem! Z5 E6683

I can't select own ringtones for SIM1 and SIM2 anymore, only one ringtone in use.

Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.

Adviser
Message 3 of 94
Message 3 of 94

Same issue after upgrading to Android 6.0...different ringtone for each SIM should be basic feature of dual SIM phone...more so Z5 being Sony's most premium phone...my previous LG G4 maintains this feature even after upgrade to Android 6...please restore this critical feature (especially for a dual SIM phone) in next software update. Thanks.

Adviser
Message 4 of 94
Message 4 of 94

Same problem in Xperia Z5 dual after update to mm only one ringtone to both sim
One time poster
Message 5 of 94
Message 5 of 94

I HAVE THE SAM PROBLEM AND I  CALLED SONY SUPPORT HE TOLD ME REPAIR MY PHONE SOFTWARE I DO THAT TWICE BUT ANYTHIG NOT HAPPEND  THE SAM PROBLEM NOT FIXED

Learner
Message 6 of 94
Message 6 of 94

Same problem for me as well.

Adviser
Message 7 of 94
Message 7 of 94

Called and wrote to their support center...they said "will forward to the relevant department to add back the feature." I think more of us need to call and write to their support center to accelerate their resolution timeline, which I hope most of us have already done so.
Rookie
Message 8 of 94
Message 8 of 94

I have the same problem, only one ringtone for both sim cards. No option to select Sim1 or Sim2 to select ringtones. Very annoying. Sony, please fix quickly.
Regular
Message 9 of 94
Message 9 of 94

2 SIM ringtone

After updating the latest version of Android 6.0 I'm unable to have 2 different SIM ringtones for my Z5 dual.
Any idea how to set it?
Adviser
Message 10 of 94
Message 10 of 94

This option no longer available post update to Android 6.0...it's an unacceptable omission or oversight on the part of Sony...such feature is a must for any dual SIM phone...you need to call or write to Sony to express your annoyance and ask for immediate restoration of this feature for Android 6.0...