account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 premium concerns

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Z5 premium concerns

I'm going to buy a Z5 premium but I heard about some possible problems that could occur.. Such as overheating.. Some say its fixable with android 7 update.. Is it true? And some people volume key is not working after android 7.1.1 update.. And some after a while headset jack stops working? I just want to know the problems and if its fixable before I buy the phone

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z5 premium concerns

@Night_Stealth

My phone still works just fine, like new, the heating issue it's normal while using the camera, more so recording on 4K

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Following are the Good and Bad of Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Smartphone. Know them before you buy:

Pros:

• TRILUMINOS screen on an impressive 806ppi
  • pixel density. Consequently, its screen is the most advanced (as of its release) platform for the PS4 Remote Play
  • Feature unique to Sony Androids. In addition, it also has the highest battery capacity among all Z5 versions, standing at 3430mAh (with Quick Charge 2.0) 
  • As for its similarities to the base model, the Premium sports a 23-megapixel hybrid autofocus main camera 
  • Snapdragon 810 64-bit eight-core CPU
  •  driving this model. Bringing together its profile is a fingerprint sensor implanted into the power key
  • IP65/68 splash-proof shell

Cons:

• 4K video capture and pulsed LED flash intact. It also shares the 32GB memory
  • Only 3GB RAM

References:

Regards,
Rama Krishna Chinnam
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

6 months owner of Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. At first it was wonderfull, now updateing all the time, battery run low really fast, screen problems (letter p seems to give me a hard time SOMETIMES, rarely, but...) and since few days my screen is off in a call and doesn't turn on (start button nor any other is working and my screen stays black until other side hung up or battery runs so low it turns off :/ )

It has never fallen, never was in wet (although it's waterproof), I keep it in leather case and have tempered glass on it... Oh and sometimes (e.g. when I go somewhere and listen music on it) it is so hot after let's say 30 minutes or so and it concerns me alot) I really don't see what's the problem... Usually I'm a big fan of Sony Slightly frowning Face