account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 playing audio through speakers with headset plugged in

Learner
Message 41 of 49
Message 41 of 49

Re: Z5 playing audio through speakers with headset plugged in

If you restart the phone, boot into safe mode, clear smart connect's data, factory reset or back to old firmware and hear a sound coming from headset. That's mean you got a software bug.

However, if you tried everything i've said but still can't detect a headset. then you use the soundabout app method and found it works. so your phone have a defected headset jack, a hardware issue.

This app works by forcing the phone to send the audio signal through a jack only, no matter the headset has been detect or not. (that's why a phone's speakers are no longer work until switch the setting back)

it may fix the problem that no sound coming from headset, but can't fix a malfuntion headset detection hardware in the jack.
Apprentice
Message 42 of 49
Message 42 of 49

is thire any one try to factory reset ?

One time poster
Message 43 of 49
Message 43 of 49

Don't factory-reset, it won't fix your problem.. From what I've noticed with my phone it's NOT a software issue (but it can be quickfixed by a software).. 

My z5 premium has the same problems; when I plug in my headphones the phone does not recognize the headphones and I need SoundAbout to get my phone to output audio to the headphones.. However; if I press firmly on the front bezel at the point the headphonejack is positioned my phone does recognize the headset on it's own (until I stop pressing it).

My conclusion; the switch in the headphone-jack which usually triggers the phone to output audio from the headphone-jack is somehow broken or may contain dirt. In my case this problem started after my phone got wet by rain; it's supposed to be water-proof but this switch is pretty much on the surface of the headphone-jack and may have been a bit wet. This also explains why audio from the headphone-jack is fine, the connector itself is alright.

To rule out dirt I'll try to clean the jack-input with a bit of alcohol on a cotton swab, hopefully this clear the dirt. If it does I'll report back here.

Regards

Ivo Toby

Visitor
Message 44 of 49
Message 44 of 49

Did this several times. Didn't work for 1 headset. Headset not supported error. Tried another headset. Work for less than 1 min then audio back to speakers again.
Visitor
Message 45 of 49
Message 45 of 49

Fixed by downloading soundabout bt shouldnt have. I mean twas working before i upgraded to android 6
One time poster
Message 46 of 49
Message 46 of 49

I have same problem
Visitor
Message 47 of 49
Message 47 of 49

Dave1205 has the answer!!

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Headphone-jack-not-working/td-p/11032...

its a hardware problem. Try to clean the jack with enough alcohol. I solved the problem. Soundabout "solves" the problem because it "ignores" the "mic" pole on the jack . The "mic" pole is who identifies the headset. Search en google for 3.5mm 3 pole pinout.

One time poster
Message 48 of 49
Message 48 of 49

When Earphone is plugged out sound speaker doesn't produce sound
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 49 of 49
Message 49 of 49

I had this issue last month, you need to get an air can. It might just be a tad of dust. Pound shop one worked great