account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z5 playing audio through speakers with headset plugged in

One time poster
Message 31 of 49
Message 31 of 49

Re: Z5 playing audio through speakers with headset plugged in

My Z5 Dual can't play audio through the earphone jack since i've tried to listen music with headset,if i plug the earphone or headset there is no soung coming out ,any one have the same problem ?,SONY please help me !,i'm a big fans of your product i hope this is just a software problem,and I would like to avoid having to demo it back

One time poster
Message 32 of 49
Message 32 of 49

After the upgraded the software is not working at all.

Could sony help the user? I'm unable to listen to my music.

did everything share on this forum.

I'm utter disppointed with SONY Z5 Premium, don't see myself support sony product.

Visitor
Message 33 of 49
Message 33 of 49

Same problem on my Sony Experia Z5 Premium.

I have removed data from smart connect and disabled it.
I Restarted the phone.
I plugged in my earphones before starting music app.
I have started the phone i SAFE MODE, but it do not help at all.
Nothing helps.

Then I noted that the phone do not even recognise that the earphones are plugged in.
Could be hardware, could be software... I do not know.
Usually when I plug in the earphones I see a icon in the top bar that tells me they are connected.
This do not happen anymore. Is there anyone out there that has or have the same earphone recognition problem? Anyone who has a fix for it?

I tried to take a bug report but the option is dimmed out, and yes, I am in developer mode.

Visitor
Message 34 of 49
Message 34 of 49

Found a solution in another thread that worked for me :-)

http://talk.sonymobile.com/sonymobile/board/message?board.id=22064&message.id=59043#M59043

1. Go to Settings > Apps > ALL > Smart Connect. and clear it's data.
2. Go to Play Store and install SoundAbout.
3. Open SoundAbout app and go to Media Audio and select your headset type in my case I selected [Wired Headset (with Mic)]
4. Plug-in your headset and the device should detect it now!

Note:
After getting your headset working you can go ahead and uninstall SoundAbout

Please Sony! After all this evidence on that this is a software bug. It must be embarrassing to have a 3rd party software fixing your bugs ;-)

One time poster
Message 35 of 49
Message 35 of 49

I have this issue also for months!!!! I try to search help from local sony care support and what they said is they need to send the phone to their factory for checking. However, the worst things is the entire process need about 14 days!!!!! I have only one phone and spend so much money to buy a so called "premium" phone, and now need to send back to factory to do some HARDWARE CHECKING! The worst is there will no replacement phone for me, so do I need to live without phone for another 14 days???? I brought this phone not until 4 months, now I need to go back to the phoneless dayssss again? 

Thanks for Ride's suggestion, installation of Disable Smart Connet and install SoundAbout working fine for me! Now i can use my headset again, just everytime I need to set it which is a little bit inconvience. ^^

To Sony, could you please ask your team to find a solution for this problems? I try to goggle this and surprisingly there are so many ppl having same issues with me! If SoundAbout solved the problem, I think the possibility of HARDWARE PROBLEM is really small, so it should be SOFTWARE problem. Could you please do somethings so that we can simply do a software update to get this problem/bug done by ourselves without being phoneless for 14 days? Really Appreciate if this could be fixed asap!

One time poster
Message 36 of 49
Message 36 of 49

Having The same problem, also found The "fix" with plugging the headset in first.
Hade my phone sent for repair for faulty headsetjack but i didnt fix the problem (it did have a missconnection that was fixed)
Also I've found that it's a difference that cables without microphone (like extensioncables for connecting to the var stereo) and the headsets (one Sony, one Philips en one Marshall) where the headsets seems to work better...
Learner
Message 37 of 49
Message 37 of 49

My z5 premium started doing this also, never used to do it, l play music through my headphones regularly. I've tried all of the above the only thing that works for me is soundabout, annoying having to reset it all the time but hey ho at least it works. Had a z1 when they first came out and had a lot of bother with that, said I would never get Sony again had HTC for a while gave Sony another go and bugs again. Please fix this Sony really don't want to fill my phone with other applications to make your handset work!!
Apprentice
Message 38 of 49
Message 38 of 49

@Ride wrote:

Found a solution in another thread that worked for me :-)

http://talk.sonymobile.com/sonymobile/board/message?board.id=22064&message.id=59043#M59043

1. Go to Settings > Apps > ALL > Smart Connect. and clear it's data.
2. Go to Play Store and install SoundAbout.
3. Open SoundAbout app and go to Media Audio and select your headset type in my case I selected [Wired Headset (with Mic)]
4. Plug-in your headset and the device should detect it now!

Note:
After getting your headset working you can go ahead and uninstall SoundAbout

Please Sony! After all this evidence on that this is a software bug. It must be embarrassing to have a 3rd party software fixing your bugs ;-)

I was just preparing to send my phone off to sony when I saw this... I tried it, and it worked! Thank you!

EDIT: It seems that when I do this the speaker audio no longer works until I switch the settings back on SoundAbout, is there anything I can do about this so they both work?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 39 of 49
Message 39 of 49

i have the same problem and i don,t like the solution of soundabout is there another solution ??

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 49
Message 40 of 49

No solution, headset jack defected, send it back to Sony for repair...