account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 playing audio through speakers with headset plugged in

Apprentice
Message 11 of 49
Message 11 of 49

Re: Z5 playing audio through speakers with headset plugged in

Happened to mine too. Owned the phone 3 days, and between the God awful picture quality and this, I hate the thing. Worst phone I've had in 10 years...

One time poster
Message 12 of 49
Message 12 of 49

I am having this same problem Slightly frowning Face. Whatsapp calls, youtube video sound, music, other apps - all inconveniencing me at the gym - have to keep checking to make sure only I can hear the music. Is it a software glitch? If so, when will a fix be released? It appears that a simple switch off and on temporarily solves the issue. switching back to Sony after so long is not going smoothly!
One time poster
Message 13 of 49
Message 13 of 49

I had the same issue but when I used the spare cable jack that was in the box once connected the smart connect that plays music option appares once I made may choice about music to be played or not or the high of the volume and base was set it then worked for me as I was able to play deamau5 next to family members and they could not here the music   

Visitor
Message 14 of 49
Message 14 of 49

Same here. I tried as suggested the SAFE mode, but there it is still the loudspeaker only. I have tried with all my headphones including the cool one from SONY that came with my Z5. I found on another forum an app provides a workaround: Sound About. With that app you force a setting to use the headphones. Still I would prefer this bug to be fixed. Seems to me that it is not a 3rd party app causing this, since it did not work in SAVE mode either. Let me know if you need some logging.

Btw, disabling Smart Connect (or clearing it's cash) is not working for me.

Actually in my case, I think it is a hardware problem, it seems not detecting the headphone jack anymore.

Learner
Message 15 of 49
Message 15 of 49

I have the problem just restart it on.safe mode I tired it on my Z5 and it worked
One time poster
Message 16 of 49
Message 16 of 49

Well done Sir - i had this problem and have had the handset two weeks, turned it off and restarteed the phone, plugged in the earphones whilst booting up and worked straight away #topman 

Apprentice
Message 17 of 49
Message 17 of 49

I agree with Yosuke. I had the same problem a couple of time. When I faced this issue for the first time, I backed it up and sent it to distributor. They told me that the problem solved by a mechanical repair, of course with a factory reset. I had the same problem again, and this time tried to solve it by myself. I backed it up before factory reset and used the back up without checking settings. Problem solved again, but it took too much time since the phone filled with videos. In the 3rd time, I saw this topic. And, I cleared smart connect data under settings-apps-all from the phone and the memorycard when the headset still pluged in. Then I restarted the device and it worked. Briefly, try this before you do anything😉😃
Visitor
Message 18 of 49
Message 18 of 49

HI all,

My headphone decided to stop working entirely after about a month.

Quite disappointed I must say as I am on the road and on the phone the whole time.
Can't listen to music when I'm in the office as well.
Tried clearing the smart connect cashe data but no change. Rebooted with device connected, no change.
Vodacom says if they fix it it will loose it's waterproof capability, which for me defeats having the Sony...

Do you guys know a another possibility?
Thx.
One time poster
Message 19 of 49
Message 19 of 49

Dear all,

i have been getting this issue since morning after which i cleared the smart connect cache and downloaded 'sound about'.its an app which is quite similar to smart connect . its a tempory solution and i hope sony finds a solution to this problem very soon. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 20 of 49
Message 20 of 49

I had the same problem during my first week of use... but it only happened once. I was using normal headphones, the sound was being outputted to both the external speakers and the headphones themselves.

I was actually watching those videos that most principled people frown upon, and that's how I discovered this problem.