account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 doesn't hold charge for even 24hrs

Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Z5 doesn't hold charge for even 24hrs

Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help. My Z5 doesn't seem to hold charge at all anymore, and hasn't for sometime.

I leave it to charge all night and unplug at 7:30am, it is dying or close to death by 9pm, this is far less than the battery should be lasting for.

Do I just need to replace the battery or is there something else I can do? I have tried the battery saver options but this doesn't work either and the battery should be lasting much longer on standard settings anyway.

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z5 doesn't hold charge for even 24hrs

hi

do you use Facebook lots? and also have many continuous sync services active? in particular... google stuff... like super annoying maps notifications and photo uploading and wifi messaging services?

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z5 doesn't hold charge for even 24hrs

Dear Friend 

yes the very first thing you have to change is battery if it is still same it means there is IC problem which can be repaired by local technician locally.

you can identify weather it is a battery problem or ic problem, if the phone is becoming very hot may be it IC

Hope it works

Tahir Khan

Malaysia