account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 compact screen repair likely cost

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Z5 compact screen repair likely cost

Just smashed my z5 compact screen. Does anyone know the likely cost for a sony repair centre to replace it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Z5 compact screen repair likely cost

OK so for anyone else who needs to know Sony charged me £86 all in to do this. Seemed a really resonable price to me compered to other OEM repair (iphone 6 was £180)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

@julianjarvis

Being a newer phone, I think the exact cost will not be available to most of the users, and it will also vary among different countries. If you don't get an answer here I suggest that you contact your Local support.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Just like Quester said, it can be hard to give an estimated price. Since there can also be more things that are damaged than the screen, the phone often needs to be examined by a technician which can conclude what kind of repair that it's needed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

OK so for anyone else who needs to know Sony charged me £86 all in to do this. Seemed a really resonable price to me compered to other OEM repair (iphone 6 was £180)

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

What are the contact details you used for Sony to get the repair at £86 please Julian? Online quotes from local repair shops are coming in between £129 and £150. Thanks.

Davellll

Rookie
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

That's all well and good, but more often than not, people know what they've damaged, and we get that there might be internals damaged, as well, but before we send off our device we want a rough idea of what it'll cost to repair the thing we know isn't working. I can see no good reason for you to refuse to give us a price for a particular repair, instead demand that we first send you our phone to inspect. Even that wouldn't be so hard to stomach if it wasn't for the extortionate fee you charge just for us to get our phone back. It's disgusting and with such a contemptful attitude to your customers, my Z5 is likely to be the last Sony phone I buy. I had the same problem with the Z3 Compact I had, the plastic cover had come off and I knew that there was no way anything else was broken but you still wouldn't give me a price until I'd sent off my phone, so that I'd have to pay £20 to get my phone back if I decide your prices are too high (Which, I expect they would be, given your absolute refusal to ever give anyone even a ballpark figure)

Learner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

£101 pound for me if I remember correctly. What I will say is i didn't like the fact they wouldn't estimate, but given the phone was reasonably new and waterproof I wanted it fixed properly. Issue was cracked screen, my fault, I dropped it. As above online companies estimated 120 to 160 so Sony actually did it cheaper. From past experience having screen replaced by anyone other than manufacture has caused issues. Cheap quality screen with poor contrast to dirt under the glass. Also Sony assess the entire unit for damage and as my casing was severely pitted and looked hideous (builder so gets scratched and damaged easily), the quote I received included new outer casing so when I received the phone back, not only did it work, it looked brand new. Hope this puts peoples mind at ease as I was expecting a humongous bill and then having to pay to get phone back but it was really good service.

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi, sorry i know this was a while ago now, did they provide you with an itemised bill for the repair you had taken out?

i.e. How much they charged for the screen unit, and then how much for labour?

cheers