account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 compact running really slow?????

Adviser
Message 1 of 164
Message 1 of 164

Z5 compact running really slow?????

I've bought the Sony Xperia z5 compact and have been using it as my daily driver since Monday. It's running really slow even slower than z3 compact I double checked I have the latest software ( and I do) but it's still running slow I dint keep many apps open but when switching between even 2 or 3 apps there's a quite noticeable lag which shouldn't be there I don't think considering the specs. Even opening stock apps can be leggysometimes like the messages app or dialer. As you can imagine I'm pretty disappointed, as I traded in myself phone to get this one. In also seen a YouTube video of a guy having the same issue. If anyone has any solutions in appreciate it much. Thanks in advanced!
163 REPLIES 163
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 164
Message 2 of 164

Re: Z5 compact running really slow?????

Hi @Umar12

Please, try boot your device into safe mode as explained here and check if this issue persists in this mode. Keep us updated.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Adviser
Message 3 of 164
Message 3 of 164

It's still laggy about the same as before such as juddering when closing apps, it can take up to 2 seconds to open messages when not already opened same with dialler ( doesn't happen all the time though) ram still has between 500-700 mb free so I'm not putting the phone through its paces all the apps I have are all well known and common. The user experience seems to be a bit slow I java transferred data to sd card but this wasn't an issue with my z3 of which I did the same thing
Adviser
Message 4 of 164
Message 4 of 164

*I have transferred
Genius
Message 5 of 164
Message 5 of 164

Hi @Umar12

If you booted your device into safe mode and problem persists, let's try the following:

***** Be aware that next suggestion will reset all settings of your apps *****

Try go to Settings -> Apps -> tap the 3 dots -> tap on Reset app preferences Then check if those problems persists or have disappeared. Please, keep us updated.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Adviser
Message 6 of 164
Message 6 of 164

Hello yes it's still the same after I reset app preferences. It's still lagging in general use
Genius
Message 7 of 164
Message 7 of 164

Hi @Umar12

Please, try to run a backup of the device information. Perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds) Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP. Keep us updated.

Adviser
Message 8 of 164
Message 8 of 164

Hello it says under the repair my phone notification action that if your experiencing severe problems it fixes it. O wouldn't call my problem severe it's just a little disappointing if anything that the software doesn't seem to to be optimised and I read on several other threads that users are having the same issue (Ashwell as the you tube video I mentioned already) should I still proceed with your recommendation?
Genius
Message 9 of 164
Message 9 of 164

Hi @Umar12

This will repair the system of your device and that is why you should do first a backup of your data. Also will discard any problem that is generating that your device works slower than your Z3 device. But will not need to run this if you decide that itś not necessary. I will be at disposal for any question.

Adviser
Message 10 of 164
Message 10 of 164

Hello I followed your instructions and the phone is still laggy