account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z5 compact not asking for Network Unlock Code.

Rookie
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Z5 compact not asking for Network Unlock Code.

Hi Aliasname,

Thank you for your quick response. I know you can't help, though I needed to talk about the issue since you had the same situation. I'm happy you were able to unlock your phone, it gives a hope that I can do some day! Maybe I will try few SIM from different providers, and hopfully one of them will work. Thank you again.

Regular
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

You're welcome Zaineb. I wish you luck 🤞 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Hi again @Aliasname!

That sounds very strange that it didn't work with the EE SIM but it worked fine with the SIM card from O2. I'm not from the UK myself, but I think that EE, O2 and Vodafone have their own networks and they don't "loan" it from someone else either.

In the end, I'm glad to hear that you were able to remove the lock, even though it took a bit longer than it had to. Slightly smiling Face

@Zaineb, sorry to hear that you aren't able to remove the network lock on your device. Slightly frowning Face

Could you please check so you have any remaining unlocking attempts left? If you don't any attempts left, you will not be asked to enter the code. Follow the instructions below and let me know what is shown in your device.

1. Remove any SIM card from the Xperia device.
  2. Turn on the device.
  3. Dial *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
  4. Tap Service info > SIM lock.
  5. Look for the 'X' mark.
  6. If 'X' is on Network and the value is different than 0, you can remove your device's operator lock.

Thank you!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.