account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 compact draining battery while idling in the night significantly

SOLVED
Regular
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Z5 compact draining battery while idling in the night significantly

alright , i see its quit convincing, 

but let me put this straight. 

my phone doesn't do this , i told you since the beginning , i tried stock reset with no apps, and i disabled all bloatware and phone still draining. 

but still : yesterday i delete facebook,messenger, android wear and instagram, i kept whatsapp, and it was excluded from battery optimisation, i restore it to optimized, all is cool now ah ? , and yes i greenified everythin else.  and yes a lot of apps are disabled but not google and gmail and importatnt stuff.

i disabled all background data for all apps

i turned on stamina mode on highest battery saving mode; the phone is now only a plastic crap , but still to make the test :

i SLEEP FOR 10h , phone was 33% iwake up 8% !   i even sometimes in past week with messenger and facebook and all apps (whatsapp and wear no optimised) and non of the option above,  i get more of that in night, maybe only 20% drain all night -__- 

that is something not the apps or background.

do you recommend to try non stock kernel ? i never tried tho  (because am on unlocked bootloader)

i got my phone from my friend, camera was not working proberly , it was unlocked bootloader,  (obviously because there was no updates coming) but the phone say UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ALLOWED= yes. 

so i unlocked bootloader from flashtool to restore camera function prefectly, do you think there is something wrong with bootloader or kernel ?  

ps: i flashed with EMMA stock to make sure i have all stock kernel and other stuff. 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Re: Z5 compact draining battery while idling in the night significantly

No, I dont ever recommend rooting here unless you have experience in root devices, as well as severe issues that can't be fixed with other methods... 

If you do go to XDA, I'll appear less helpful there because I'm not a true developer but my projects there were mostly compiling and debugging 

But there are lots of guides there how to root the z5c, and i have a supplementary pictorial guide for latest 7.1 with a recovery 

Just to reiterate...  We're back on my white device,  last night i went into hyper incognito mode to try and contact somehow online,  and then gave up...  You will see where...  I also left vpn running overnight... 

Screenshot_20171207-093908.pngScreenshot_20171207-094100.pngScreenshot_20171207-094046.png

I guarantee that the stuff i had running would drain faster than standard user apps, but with the correct control,  you can limit things when set up correctly 

edit: I'll add the black just for comparison.. it was tethering to the white for about an hour too

Screenshot_20171207-102123.pngScreenshot_20171207-102000.png

Editedit: I'm going to throw this in for the white to show RAM usage and how there's almost no crapware running so i have the memory for when i need it most without having to close things 

Screenshot_20171207-103249.pngScreenshot_20171207-103242.png

and now the black.. which is closer to standard use

Screenshot_20171207-103853.pngScreenshot_20171207-103902.png

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Re: Z5 compact draining battery while idling in the night significantly {SOLVED WITH KERNEL UL}

the problem is solved : 

i know this since the beginning, the Android N is not sleeping, and not making everyone else sleep properly as well.

i flashed GreenKernel: its stock-based optimised. (no root)

and Tada !!! i have 0% drain in the night, and with wifi on i could get 2% drain in the night ! 

@Sony YOU! really.

THANKS XDA DEVELOPERS.

Screenshot_20171207-094109.png

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Re: Z5 compact draining battery while idling in the night significantly {SOLVED WITH KERNEL UL}

awesome

have fun

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Do you have more information about green kernel and step by step procedure of what you did. Thanks