account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 compact all widget disappear after restart

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 41 of 50
Message 41 of 50

Re: Z5 compact all widget disappear after shut down

This works perfect!:smileysmileythumbsup:

Learner
Message 42 of 50
Message 42 of 50

Re: Z5 compact all widget disappear after restart

Rickard says: "We have found the cause for widgets sometimes missing and there will be a fix for this in the update to Android 6.0.

Thanks for sending me logs!"

Hello, how can you explain that only some z5 have this problem if the problem is software?

Learner
Message 43 of 50
Message 43 of 50

I have found a fix now, I have never seen this on any other phone I have had but if you go to backup reset, automatic back up make sure it backs up to your Google account and make sure setting xperia home page is on and you can reset/restart without loosing widgets and whatever else you want! Hope it helps
Learner
Message 44 of 50
Message 44 of 50

Thank you for your answer Radders. I tested but by saving on the sd card,I'm going to try. But I don't understand why all the Z5 doesn't have this problem if it's software!

One time poster
Message 45 of 50
Message 45 of 50

As of today this issue has not been fixed yet! I have had many conversations with Xperia support and NOT ONE OF THEM has heard about this being a known issue. 

I am very disappointed and I am not sure that back-up option is a fix for me as I do not actually want to back up a "faulty" phone. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 46 of 50
Message 46 of 50

I am having this same problem with Xperia X Compact.  Every time phone reboots, the widgets on my home screen vanish

One time poster
Message 47 of 50
Message 47 of 50

I never had this is issue with my phone until the latest upadate.

@Sony, when are you planning to solve this? It is super annoying that you need to set up all the plugins if you run out of battery.

One time poster
Message 48 of 50
Message 48 of 50

This has just started happening for me - what is the fix please?

One time poster
Message 49 of 50
Message 49 of 50

It's Feburary 2018 and this problem still persists, almost 3 years since the problme was first reported. This thread has been marked as solved (which it is not), so how does this help people?!

All of the widgets that have gone are preinstalled, so why should i bother paying a premium for a phone that lacks STABILITY!? 

Sony are doing themselves no favours. Should I just throw out my phone and get something else?

One time poster
Message 50 of 50
Message 50 of 50

Hi, after last night my widgets were acting werid so I decided to reformat my sony z5 dual.  After a clean install, my music and Gmail widget doesn't work.  Touching on it does nothing.   Can anyone help?