account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 - SMS sending issue on 4G

Regular
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Z5 - SMS sending issue on 4G

Hi Neo,

No, they only could for internet settings and MMS, which I can obtain from their website too. Sadly this is not UK Orange this is Romanian Orange, I presume there are big differences between them.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

if I were in Romania, Orange would be on my hit list...

try and research the DNS for the SMS server, you might be able to find a work-around.

is the LTE signal good quality and coverage in most areas? there's a few issues with crap signal, like battery drain too

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Regular
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Even I have a support ticket from a month ago still no answer or solution from the carrier.

I found a solution by mistake. I installed by curiosity and downloaded Messages and made it as my default messaging app. With 4G turned on it can send messages without any problem, don`t ask me how.

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

@Tamaskawrote:

Even I have a support ticket from a month ago still no answer or solution from the carrier.

I found a solution by mistake. I installed by curiosity and downloaded Messages and made it as my default messaging app. With 4G turned on it can send messages without any problem, don`t ask me how.

see if you can find a difference in the APN settings when you toggle it as default or let the stock app control sms.

if there is a difference, let us know where the change was.  it's likely not going to be something quite as simple as that, but probably something broken further in the sms / lte programming for the device itself 

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Regular
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Hi Neo,

Unfortunately from yesterday the Messages app started to behave the same as the default one. It doesn`t send out my SMS, only if I turn of the 4G. No clue what`s in the middle.

Cheers,

Tamas

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

ok, is definitely an internal issue...

did I already all what carrier you use, device model and firmware version?

have you tried going in to safe mode?

press and hold the power off, when you press and hold the power button like turning off the phone normally, and the menu will pop up asking to restart in safe mode

what firmware version for Romania are you using?

if you're using the orange firmware, maybe you could backup your device and then try the generic Romania firmware for z5