account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z5 Premium updated to 32.3.A.0.376 now missing answer machine

One time poster
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Z5 Premium updated to 32.3.A.0.376 now missing answer machine

I have the same issue with my Z5. After the Nougat update the answering machine disappeared with all my save messages ... not to mention the other issues I've been having with the phone since, like overheating, quick battery drainage and crashing apps. Is there a patch to resolve these issues???

Regular
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Hello,

If it is some kind of help , the update 32.3.A.0.378 do have the Xperia answer machine . 

Apprentice
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

It won't help with the deleted messages and as yet isn't available for me....why does this not surprise me.

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

This is useful. So it looks like it's coming back. But my current version still has it omitted.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Screenshot_20170518-034338.png

Just received this from an escalated support query on why Sony Xperia Answering Machine was not present after a systems update. I doubt they had requests to remove it so why did they when I and other were using it? Further, they removed it without explicit warning. Please share any feedback that you receive from Sony on this here. It would also be kind if we had an official Sony response on this matter here on this thread.

Commissioner
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

32.3.A.2.33 has it _ Make sure that ur device updated to latest version 

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

@pravi wrote:

32.3.A.2.33 has it _ Make sure that ur device updated to latest version 

Thanks for the message Pravi and for giving me hope.

I made a screen record of my phone's settings and am uploading it here now https://youtu.be/Eju3SV5K9Nk (will be ready to view in about an hour).

I have got that exact build number 32.3.A.2.33 and do not see Xperia Answering Machine anywhere. Please Pravi or anyone else reply here with a screen shot of the option. Thanks all.

Official Sony forum post URL https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Z5-Premium-updated-to-32-3-A-0-376-now-missing-answer-machine/m-p/1224425#M35960
Commissioner
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Is ur device carrier bounded? Idk why Sony took it off or it must be intended. As from Z3+ to z5 premium the build number is same so far and the software is identical. Z3+ has it still has it. I'm trying to upload a screen record of that. But I'm getting unsupported format error. Did u tried  with different firmware?

Apprentice
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Hi Stuart. I have the Z5 Premium, UK phone on O2, but same software version and since starting the thread on the Sony Xperia Support forum have had no joy with the answering machine. I too lost messages and it was a very useful feature of the phone for me. I am also on the same version of the software and it is not present. I have also done a software repair using Xperia Companion and the feature is still not present. I am guessing that Sony will ditch this piece of the software as only a handful of us have said we used it.....bearing in mind that hundreds have complained about the earphone socket, mine is also broken, and that has been going on for over a year and Sony still don't regard it as a manufacturing fault.....so doesn't fill me with hope for this software...

Highlighted
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

lucky ,i still got it

i wont be shock if its a bug,

after last update some phone furers look didnt update well also charge optimziton cannot turned off

and ringtones works only one 1 speaker while notifction on stereo

sry for my english