account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 Premium - headphone problem after android 7.1.1 update.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Z5 Premium - headphone problem after android 7.1.1 update.

My Z5 Premium was updated yesterday to 7.1.1 (Nougat) and unfortunately after that I can't use my headphones anymore. My headphone is original (came with Z5) and I tested it on my computer and it is working perfectly. 

Please, What do I have to do? I travel a lot and I need the headphones to distract myself. 

When I plug it, the cell phone don't open the Smart anymore.

Before yesterday it was working very well. 

Thank you very much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Re: Z5 Premium - headphone problem after android 7.1.1 update.

I had this problem for sometime, even going as far as buying some Bluetooth buds. However, I came across this on You Tube and it worked for me. Still working even now. 

Maybe it'll work for you to. It turned out for me that it was the smart connect app. 

https://youtu.be/g2CTcnx-az4

View solution in original post

It will work definitely... If any doubts ask in comments!!!! Subscripe if u like the video....
11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@lucimaria

have you tested different headphones with your phone? I doubt that this is a software issue, this seems to be a hardware issue, if so, you will have to contact your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Finger crossed that not your headphone jack of the phone broke .Cuz mine z5P's headphone jack is done after bout 7 months I bought it .

Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

How the devil you guy's have been updated to 7.1.1? My one is up to date and it's still 7.0 o trying many time's find that update,  doesn't comes through 

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I had this problem for sometime, even going as far as buying some Bluetooth buds. However, I came across this on You Tube and it worked for me. Still working even now. 

Maybe it'll work for you to. It turned out for me that it was the smart connect app. 

https://youtu.be/g2CTcnx-az4

View solution in original post

It will work definitely... If any doubts ask in comments!!!! Subscripe if u like the video....
Visitor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

OMG thank you very much FuzzFace14, it was the solution! Thank you a lot. I wish that I could know this before reset my cellphone. But it is ok. Now it is working again 😁😁😁😁😁

Thanks. 

Visitor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

You're welcome. Happy to help. Pleased to hear that it resolved your issue too. 😁 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I was just about to say go delete the headphones and headset entries in smart connect, but fuzzface posted a video.

The other thing to watch is mirrorlink. if you don't use it, you can disable it

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

This is not a software problem, i have the z5p running 7.0, the problem is the headphone jack, if you don't have a sony operator near by try using soundabout, it's an app that manually redirects sound to your headphone jack, works for me

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I have the same problem but if i use soundabout (app) it works!👍