account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 Premium got too dim on sunlight viewing - Overheating?

Learner
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Z5 Premium got too dim on sunlight viewing - Overheating?

I´m also having this problems, It is impossible to use the phone outdoors in summer time.

You are not able to see anything in the screen.

I am also quite upset because of overheating problems, the phone gets quite quite hot. For instance, you can only record short videos in summer.

One time poster
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

i have same issue in my z5p u said u dont have the same issues on lollipop. r u sure bro i want to rolback to lollipop from nogat if this will solve this anoing issues

Apprentice
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Still no fix on this annoying issue???

I got the nougat update hoping Sony would have resolved this issue but now its getting really annoying!!

I need this phone hacked or cracked to stop this crazy auto dim feature from working in direct sunlight.

Highlighted
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Still suffering from this issue

Adviser
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

The reason Sony will not reply is because this is not a bug or fault. My z5c has burnt orange marks where the heat pipe runs under the screen. If the z5c is seriously hot in sunshine then i can't imagine what the z5p is like. The fact is that Sony used a dodgy processor and packed too much into the phone. So much that you can't Fkin use it in sunlight. What a joke. Don't expect a reply from them. This is capitalism at work.