account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 E6653 32.3.A.0.376 Update Rolling Out

Adviser
Message 71 of 90
Message 71 of 90

Re: Z5C: Android 7, best update ever!!!

Which version are you talking about. 376 or. 378
Talent
Message 72 of 90
Message 72 of 90

Re: Z5C: Android 7, best update ever!!!

32.3.A.0.376

One time poster
Message 73 of 90
Message 73 of 90

Re: Z5 E6653 32.3.A.0.376 Update Rolling Out

Awsome update, the split screen is very nice. Battery life is great, sound is great, no bugs yet!

One time poster
Message 74 of 90
Message 74 of 90

New software ruins the Z5 completely

I was forced to upgrade my Z5 to Andoid Nougat because it kept prompting me over and over again to do so, so I begrudgingly obliged.

Immediately after the update by battery began to drain immensely, as in a full charge without being used lasted approximately 2 hours.  Bluetooth, which wasn't connected to anything, was accounting for 80% of battery usage but it was still pitiful even with bluetooth turned off.  

All help articles are not helpful at all, but I still followed the "Reset Network Settings" advice, which made no difference.  Then I backed up everything to Companion, perfomed a factory reset and restored my phone, which only gave me back my files despite having every single box ticked - this is an issue with Companion, not Nougat, but while I'm moaning I might as well do it properly.

Following this reset my battery drain has improved a lot, but is still far worse than it was before I was forced to update.  This would be bearable, except now Bluetooth doesn't even work properly.

I now am also unable to connect to my car properly, which is a Ford Kuga with Sync3.  Previously I could sync my contacts and messages and use apps from my phone on my car, such as Spotify, but now I can't even access my contacts list.  The car itself is fine, so it's clearly just another problem with this phone software.

If new software isn't tested and working then why would Sony force it upon people?  Everything was working perfectly before.

Some pictures from my car's display below (sorry, you'll have to tilt your head because this Forum is coded just as brilliantly as the phones, apparently, and is auto-rotating them to landscape), but it works fine with other phones like my wife's iPhone.  Other Bluetooth devices are also being glitchy.

DSC_8025.JPGDSC_8026.JPG

Rookie
Message 75 of 90
Message 75 of 90

March 2017 software update issues

Good day

I updated my sony Xperia Z5 "007 version" to the latest update (I updated on the 17 March 2017 and i have noticed that im experiencing multiple "new" issues such as my phone overheating when im doing nothing else but reading a news article... I cant have my camera open (Not in used state) for 3 min wothout getting "camera shutdown due to heat" error, most my applications crash ever since the update i have not downloaded/changed anything else on the phone.. I have done all basic troubleshooting to only come to the conclusion of "bugs" in the new software... Now basically i want to find out the following.

1. Am i the only one experiencing this

2.(if im not the only one experiencing this) is sony aware/resolving the issues

3. In my experience the previous update "Jan 17" had no issues in my opinion... So why fix something thats not broken?

Thank you
Visitor
Message 76 of 90
Message 76 of 90

Re: March 2017 software update issues

I have a z5 Compact.  Issues with crashing apps and caller / speaker cutting out on a phone call.

Phone is a life blood.  I need it resolving.

Rookie
Message 77 of 90
Message 77 of 90

Re: March 2017 software update issues

My phone started cooking so i removed the silicone back cover (that protects the phone) to provide better ventilation and prevent any damages caused... Ironically my phone slipped out my hand and landed on my desk wich was not even 15cm difference in hight (that wasabout 10 minutes after my previous post) now i have an extremely laggy phone thats cooking its own cpu as well as a shattered back glass that has a crack going passed the camera interfering with my cameras focus wich i feel was caused in directly from the update (as i wouldve had the protective cover on if it was not cooking caused by the update) ... Now my phone is very important regarding communication with clients as well as take UHD pictures (main reason i went for this phone) i hope sony is doing something about it as i feel i lost all confidence in sony within a 1 month period..
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 78 of 90
Message 78 of 90

Xperia z5 update to 7.0 is actually big bug

I think the Idea to upgrade your z5 premium to 7.0 is bad idea. Actually its the worst nightmare I have ever had. Technically nothing is right about this phone. Am very frustrated with. Ever after complaining on national forum we are still neglected. shame on you Sony
Visitor
Message 79 of 90
Message 79 of 90

Re: Xperia z5 update to 7.0 is actually big bug

I have the same problem with Z5, in the moment he updated at 7 turned so slow. 

One time poster
Message 80 of 90
Message 80 of 90

Re: Xperia z5 update to 7.0 is actually big bug

Omg I'm getting so annoyed with my phone. All my programmes keep crashing.