account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z5 Dual Camera Shutter Button Issue

Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Z5 Dual Camera Shutter Button Issue

So, the latest in a long line of issues I've had with this mildly troublesome phone concerns the shutter button on the side.

When pressed the button does as expected, which is to open the native camera app. A light touch of the button within the app usually focuses the camera, and a hard press takes the photo.

The problem I'm having is that the 'hard press' doesn't do anything. The button works fine - it opens the camera app fine, a light touch will focus the camera. But I can't take a photo by pressing it, and it's incredibly annoying.

I was wondering if anyone else had had this issue, or whether anyone would know how to solve it. I suspect it may be an issue with the camera app itself rather than the button at all, but I literally have no idea. I can't seem to spot any settings that would turn off this function, though I'm using the volume bar as the shutter in the mean time - as there's thankfully a setting for that.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z5 Dual Camera Shutter Button Issue

@JoshJackJenkins

settings > apps > camera > memory > clear data > restart the phone > check again 

if that doesn't work, test it in safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

yeah, I've tried this but no luck. Even in safe mode, the camera button just refuses to function as a shutter. I can't make much sense of it, as it requires a hard press to open the camera app itself via the button, and that function still works perfectly fine.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@JoshJackJenkins

You could repair the phone with XC to narrow down the issue

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have some problem too