account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Z5 Compact under water :/

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Z5 Compact under water :/

20190209_142012_HDR.jpg

20190209_171112_HDR.jpg

i bought my z5 compact a year ago, and when i decide to use it under water that's what happened xD 

any tips? 

PS: my z5 still working 100% 

2 REPLIES 2
Pioneer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z5 Compact under water :/

Hi @hossem ;

From the pictures it seems that your display is cracked, so it is normal that water may enter it when submerged.

Also the phone is water resistant, not water proof, it is not advised to put the phone under water.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z5 Compact under water :/

Hi @hossem, I am sorry to hear about this.

As @NunoSEN2 mentioned, looking at the photos you attached of your phone, there seems to be a crack in the screen which may be the cause of the leakage. In this case I would suggest that you contact your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center to be examined and possibly repaired.

If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.