account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z5 Compact e5823 Hard Bricked, maybe sombody can help ?

Regular
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Z5 Compact e5823 Hard Bricked, maybe sombody can help ?

Right, every thing started from bluetooth after 7 android update , i needed to reconect it 10-20 so it find my sony head set or sony watch or sony speaker, i would understand it wast sony but i have every thing from sony and i disapointed with my phone now really disapointed, so after crashes started to pup out , and the last drop was wifi started to drop down no signal and etc, after that i decided to roll back my android to 6 , but thro companion i coudint , simply the wast no option to downgrade to 6, after that i went to sony developer web site and downloaded emma flash tool and unloked it boot menu, thru android studio cmd command line like showed it instruction in sony developers web site, i know i avoided my guaranty, just simply i dont have time plaing sending my phone to service center waith 2 week and etc i just need phone, especialy i didnt expect thing like this from 600 pound phone its was its price when i bought it and it make me more mad, just a waste of money, every thing whent ok i antered unloc code in cmd command line and it restarted turned on, after that i swithed off the phone and sen on full charge for new step and BAM ! it wount charge no led indication, dont switch on, combination of vol+ vol - power and work , it dont vibrate, i took out my sim and sd card tried one more time nothing, went to companion to repair it nothing, you can puch any keys as you want no reaction at all, pc it self even dont see the phone it self i mean at all like it dead permenatly , you just plug usb to pc and to phone and nothing hapind even a saund, i tried to push off button near sim slot , hold it 2 min for restar, no point to dead, since i voided my guaranty i opend the phone and disconected the battrey and connected it back tried many varyations whit charger pluged in usb from pc nothing, in all of this only one funny thing its dead permenatly but it heats up by it self randomly when tring to do any manipulations whit it, so it bricked after unlock, if sony did that un perpese so you throw out your phone to bin then ill do it and buy other phone but not sony becouse im disapointed 600 quit no way, if sombody can sugest something id be very thankful, that kind of brikind happend for first time for me so dont know what to do.

10 REPLIES 10
Commissioner
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Z5 Compact e5823 Hard Bricked, maybe sombody can help ?

Sorry to hear this !! But with no disrespect the term "developers" means - it's not for an average user nor for newbies!! U should hav done some research before using emma !! Always remember that you can get lots of help by going through articles or threads at xda -- by ur post i can see that device drivers r broken. so, i suggest u to install proper driver's for ur device and try using flashtool !!

-- Here u can find detailed guide --

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z4/help/sony-xperia-z4-z3-e6553-6533-downgrade-t3572285

As ur device drivers r broken - u should leave the device connected to pc wen flashtool asks u to connect by holding vol down until it recognizes.        ( just be cautioned u should use ur device drivers only. The guide i mentioned above is for z4,  u should download and install  drivers for e5823!!)

Good luck Slightly smiling Face

Regular
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for your critics =), ive tried this, the biggest problem is to connect the phone to pc, installing drivers dont do nothing, just simply flash tool dont see the phone becouse pc dont see the phone at all it dont pup up in device manager as unrecognised phone or other gadget, when you connect it to pc there nothing no any notification no nofing as you even didnt connect it, that the problem , if i could connect it from there i know what to do, still weard thing i don it many times but for this one absolutely dead phone never.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Drivers can be installed in 2 ways 

1- through device (wen u connect ur device to pc, it wil automatically install drivers to pc)  

2- by downloading device drivers from sonys dev site and installing them manually to ur pc 

Since ur device is dead , it can't install drivers to ur pc which means u should install them manually by downloading from here 

https://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/xperia-z5-compact-driver/

*** pls go through that guide! !Everything was clearly mentioned there. There r users who had recoverd their devices from hard bricks by flashtool!! Though it's long It can help u get ur device back to normal! Upside-down Face stay away from test point stuff if u find any on google ,  it can short ur device permanently!! If u hav no time for al this and u hav already opened ur device - u can opt for a new motherboard @ <50  usd!!  

Regular
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Thank you pravi ive red the guide , ive don that i installed drivers manualy from the guide you gived to me, but still nothing happens, dont connect, ive ran the flash tool downloaded soft for my phone, presed a vol  button and left the rubber band on the button and connected to usb, but still nothing, almost an hour its show the same connect the phone =/, i starting to think mother borad just dead.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Can i know which flashtool u r using?, and also source for drivers ?  do u see any red or yellow flags under device manger?? 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Drivers i use from sony developer web site that you gaved me, flash tool is Sony mobile Flasher version 0.9.24.4, nop i dont see nothing under device manager no flags at all.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

It takes lot of time to recognize in this case. Btw u can try flashing ur device without battery!! Ur device can be recognized by flashtool even without battery (;  just connect ur device without battery wen flashtool asks u to connect!

Regular
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Well ive tried that nop =/, same =/, well Thanks Pravi for every thing !!! im gal that sombody helped me to solve it  !! =), my mate just pup in and i gave him the phone he works in service center, he said he will take it to work and check it , and on wensday he will give me the answer whats wrong with it , and he said mother board costs 130 us,  hmm =// thats a lot now this phone cost same price fully working , and if you interested ill give you the answer whats wrong whit it )

Commissioner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I was sure about what i hd mentioned in last reply ! I would like to know what happened in there other than motherboard damage!! As i can remember one of my fellow mates faced exactly this kinda experience and had successfully recovered by leaving the device whole nyt connected to pc in flashmode!! Wen he wokeup in morning he found that flashtool has flashed the ftf and informed to disconnect and start the device! ! Try this as a last resort Glad to help!!  Tbh... U won't get any practical help by posting here!! They can just advice u to do some basic diagnosis which is not pretty much enuf!! Upside-down Face gud day and gud luck