account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 Compact Mobile Data Issues

Adept
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Z5 Compact Mobile Data Issues

Did you contact your carrier?
Learner
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Have you tried switching back and forth between LTE and GSM or WCDMA?

My phone seems to be working now although now I have a problem not being able to connect to the PC although the phone says USB connected but the PC says it cannot recognize the device( Sony Vaio). Even when I go through restarts etc nothing works. This phone seems to have nothing but problems.

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

I had the same issues with my phone, As much as I hated to do it, I factory reset my phone and had to reinstall the internet and MMS applications. In settings>more>Internet settings> and click accept when the ooption pops up on the screen

I'm not sure if it made a difference but I also activated the 4G at the drop drown options tab when dragged down.

One time poster
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

After getting my new phone this solution worked after spending 2 days trying to troubleshoot it. How ridiculous is not having this setting enable by default... not a good first impression...

Highlighted
Learner
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Yes i agree. So not worth it. Dont know why Sony brought this phone out already. Clearly not ready. If you can return it would be my suggestion.

Commissioner
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

@Christofer

I have the same issue. No Stamina turned on, no battery manager and battery saving apps installed, but while screen is off mobile data (sometimes wifi (wifi is set to be turn on even while screen is off)) are (mostly) not working. And when screen is unlocked it takes a quite long time 'till connection is established.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

@mrnino That is strange. Could you still test the phone in safe mode just to make sure that this isn't caused by any app?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Thank you, this worked for me Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

The phone doesnt have 3g, and i cant assess the APN, i already done factory reset on the phone but everything still remain like that, should i return it.

One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

I have read ALL of the previous messages in this topic and i have done them ALL. Nothing works. I haven't even had this phone active for 2 weeks. Yes I have spoken with my provider, the sim is activated for data and works in other phones. I can get data through wifi and bluetooth, but not on it's own. And yes I've been through the resets and the APNs and everything mentioned but nothing works. My phone is a standard Z5.