account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z5 Compact India Release?

Visitor
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Z5 Compact India Release?

Does anyone know if the Z5 Compact will be released in India. I can't find a 'Coming Soon' in the Sony Store.

Is there a release date? I can't find anything on the web, was hoping someone from Sony could help.

If an exact date is difficult to disclose, how about the month of release?

Thanks,

17 REPLIES 17
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: Z5 Compact India Release?

Then you'll have to contact Sony as this is a user based support forum and as such don't have access to the info you request http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

Thanks. I tried earlier. Had some poor Dude tell me he had no idea. Was hoping someone from Sony who would know might possibly see this...

Commissioner
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Lol, support agents of Sony India are "Copy & Paste Bots" They have no idea whats going on about any thing. I contacted Sony Mobile India support via live chat and enquired about Z5 Premium and Z5. Agent had no idea about them. He gave me a link to Z3 and Z3 Compact pages. I again said that Sony announced Z5 a day ago and he was like "we haven't received any information about announcement". I was like, what!!!!? Once I got suggested to visit Service center upon asking doubt about Playmemories Online. lol.

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

Same in Hong Kong! The shop representatives did know nothing about lol

Apprentice
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

Indian launch is expected to take place on 1st December as per the below mentioned article

http://www.91mobiles.com/sony-xperia-z5-compact-price-in-india

Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

I want to buy xperia z5 but i want a single sim version. And sony doesn't have a single sim version here in India. Their support guys don't have any idea about xperia z5. They only know whatever is on website.

Due to this I am thinking to buy iPhone 6s. I don't know why sony decided not to launch single sim here.
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

I think its pretty dumb of Sony not to release Z5 Compact here in India, I bought the Z3C a week ago and it was dead on arrival unit so I had to return it because Sony has pulled Z3 Compact from Indian market that is why no replacement is available.

Now I have been searching for Z5 Compact in Sony Centers and also with other many retailers  but no one seems to have any idea about the release date and one of the Sony sales boy said " Z5 Compact does not exist only Z5 and Z5 Premium are available" when I sent Email asking about where I can find Z5 Compact. they told me to check with Sony authorised sellers which I have been doing already. Sony's Indian support is the WORST copy paste bots nothing else! no other way to put it.

I just hope that release date on 91 mobiles is right! Thinking Face

Anyone else looking to buy Z5 Compact here in India?

Learner
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

One time poster
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

I want to see in india as soon as possible. can't wait more Slightly frowning Face