account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z5 Camera - Blue tint on edges of low light photos

Enthusiast
Message 71 of 77
Message 71 of 77

Re: Z5 Camera - Blue tint on edges of low light photos

i dont think sony will ever fix the camera software i just wanted what they advertised but nothing special 

Commissioner
Message 72 of 77
Message 72 of 77

This blue tint is something terrible for our camera and they should provide a great support for removing it

Enthusiast
Message 73 of 77
Message 73 of 77

so any updates when will sony consider to fix the camera for dark and low light in Superior auto

Learner
Message 74 of 77
Message 74 of 77

After 3 months of use I have to say that the camera is the worst element of Z5, unfortunately. Very blue, low light photos (left side), blury corners of every picture, poor macro photos, extremely stretched (round)objects in the corners. I had many possibilities to compare photos made by Z5 with those made with other phones (s6, s7, g4, v10 even my Old Z1) and it was always sad...I decided to sell z5 and take s7.
Talent
Message 75 of 77
Message 75 of 77

Yeah, i think this needs to be escalated more then proper manual controls need, as this thing is a basic. How other phones with Sony sensors do not have these issues only Z5 does, even my older Z3 Compact didn't suffer from blue tinting.

And remember what HTC did after purple tinting discovery? They immidiately issued few software fixes that more or less dealt with this. And with Sony its a whole different story, not a sound, as this does not concern the overall brand value and customer relations...

Talent
Message 76 of 77
Message 76 of 77

There is same issue again in .224 software Android 6.0.1. version. So nothing is fixed. And i saw that Xperia X with same sensor and camera doesn't have this thing at all, on pictures and videos in low light. So how about Sony work it on and finally deliver us proper software. Im not asking for predictive autofocus and stuff, but normal black scene reading in darker environment unlike now...
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 77 of 77
Message 77 of 77

One of the main reasons for me getting this phone was the camera. And I must agree, it's really horrid. The only situation when the camera performs decently is with landscape photos in bright lighting. Once you add people or low light into the mix, you notice how distorted the corners are (not to mention blurry areas on the sides) and this effing blue light in dark areas.

Such a pity, because I like the build of the phone and had become so bored of Samsung and its tired TouchWiz. Looks like I'll reluctantly be moving onto Apple.