account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Z5 Bluetooth - turns it self off

Message 101 of 171
Message 101 of 171

Re: Z5 Bluetooth - turns it self off

Thank you, @UXi, will try this out!

Adept
Message 102 of 171
Message 102 of 171

It seems that Bluetooth issues seem to get worse when the phone needs to connect to more than one device at the same time. Let's say;

When the Z5 is connected to the SWR50 (SmartWatch3) and working fine until I step into my car (Ford Focus). If it starts connecting to my car al the problems start. Calling is horrible and I see a massive battery drain on the SWR50.

Does any one see this issue?

Regular
Message 103 of 171
Message 103 of 171

I had mine off (The Google Play Services usage access) but tried turning it on now and after that I am getting a lot of disconnects with reconnects a couple of seconds later. This has not happened to me before, I've mainly seen just trouble finding the phone when starting a Bluetooth device or stepping into the car.
Message 104 of 171
Message 104 of 171

Google Play Services makes no difference, it's a white elephant.

Enabling BT snooping does make it more stable bit you need to turn the BT on/off every few days to maintain that level of stability.

All I can suggest is we keep providing logs as instructed by @Rickard and pray for a solution to be rolled into the next update.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 105 of 171
Message 105 of 171

I don't know about everybody else, but i see this as a major safety issue.

The lack of response from Sony is unacceptable.

In terms of other BT accessories I don't really mind, and I've not had an issue, but the dropping of connection to the built in hands free in the car is, in my opinion, a serious safety concern, as if the connection drops it becomes tempting to answer the phone in hand.

I've had no issues with any previous android phone including Z, Z2 and Z3.

It is imperative that Sony fix this or at least respond before someone attributes an road accident or road injury to this issue.
One time poster
Message 106 of 171
Message 106 of 171

@UXi wrote:

2 weeks ago @@JoostBerk posted the suggestion: "under Security Settings > apps with usage access > look if Google Play Services is unchecked. Then give Google Play Services the access by checking it."

It was unchecked and I have no idea why but I can confirm that this seems to have cleared up my connection issues to my Garmin Fenix 3, or at least added the last piece of the puzzle to make it work. Prior to that I had also used adb to disable Throw, which alone did not help but may be working in conjunction with the fix above. I did not re-enble Throw as it just seems to be bloat. I also tried disabling/re-enabling SmartConnect which made no difference at all. 

For the last week I've have almost constant bluetooth connectivity with at most 2 disconnects, that always quickly reestablish.

I can confirm that enabling Google Play services allowed me to actually complete a sync with my Polar V800. I tried all the other suggested recommendations, but none of them made a difference. Throw, stamina mode and smart connect does nothing to solve the problem and I reset those apps to to default values.

I never had problems with my car handsfree connection, and haven't checked to see whether activating Google Play Services has now caused problems there.

One time poster
Message 107 of 171
Message 107 of 171

Bluetooth Connection in car keeps connecting and disconnecting

Hi, 

I have a Hond a Civic 2013 

I have recently upgraded my phone from the Xperia Z4 compact to the Z5 compact 

When I check for software updates it tells me I am up to date as of 10th Feb 2016 - android version 5.1.1

In the car my bluetooth keeps disconnecting and connecting even when I am not on a call, very distracting! 

Has anyone had the same problem and have you a fix please?

Thank you Crying Face

One time poster
Message 108 of 171
Message 108 of 171

Hi everyone I have been having the same problem but I think I may have found a workaround.

I drive a VW GOLF and the only way I can stop my z5 from constantly disconnecting and reconnecting is by doing the following.

Pair the z5 as normal but then disable the media part of the bluetooth profile on the phone. It then stays connected for the whole journey. I know this means not being able to listen to your music but I found that every time I enable the media setting and not play music it starts disconnecting again. Also I found the smart lock app causes the phone to disconnect as well so Don't add the car as a trusted device and it stays connected.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards

Snaphappy

Message 109 of 171
Message 109 of 171

"Also I found the smart lock app causes the phone to disconnect as well so Don't add the car as a trusted device and it stays connected."

I'm testing this with good results, smartlock polling might be giving the stack an issue.
Adept
Message 110 of 171
Message 110 of 171

Does any one notice that there is also a difference when entering the car when your calling? Because if the bluetooth tries to connect when i'm on a call the sound is verry stuttering and cracky. If I am not calling during connection the sound is clear most of the time. Still disconnecting during driving causes dangerous situations on the road!!!

After turning off Smart-Connect, Throw and Smart-lock things work better. Also tuning Google Play Services make my SWR-50 and Z5 work better together. But all above don't solve the issues completely. I still need to switch off and on Bluetooth on the Z5 once a day. 

I really hope that Sony is solving this problem in the release of Android 6 because this is a big problem.