account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Yellow band on screen top (Z5 Compact)

Regular
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Yellow band on screen top (Z5 Compact)

My Z5 Compact shows a yellow band on the top of the screen. Is it normal? Can I fix without having to send it to Sony?

16 REPLIES 16
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Yellow band on screen top (Z5 Compact)

Hi,

Could you please elaborate? Do you see this line in all menus/applications or does it appear when you do something specific? Can this line be shown at a screenshot?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

I've tried to get pictures. The problem is on the screen, so taking a screenshot from this mobile will not show anything. 

The pictures don't show it very well but it still can be appreciated. A spot that makes image more yellow.P_20160204_144936.jpgP_20160204_144838.jpgP_20160204_144928.jpg

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

As you say, it's hard to see from these pictures. It looks like you are using a screen protector, have you removed it to see if same line appear?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

I have tried removing it. Still same problem, and now some bubbles (as I can't stick the protector wellFace with rolling Eyes)

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Unfortunately, I think this needs to be examined by a technician at an authorized service center. I suggest that you contact your Local support for information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way.

One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Hi, did you fix the problem ? My screen is showing a yellow-ish band on the left side Slightly frowning Face Thx
Rookie
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Mine two devices Z3 and Z5 the same... and the local support wont fix  it saying that is a bad uasage of the phone and gave me a pre-bill budjet of around 200€ for a new sreen, for a 6 month well preserved phone?! this is not accepted SONY

ezy
Commissioner
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

i had a yellow "burn" mark appear on the lcd (Z5)...  i took it into a mobile shop to confirm it was screen burn... sent it back to Sony mobiles repair service and it was replaced and returned under warranty very quickly.

didn't expect to need the Sony repair service but was really pleased with their service. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Z5 compact screen discolouration

Had my Z5 compact around a year and the screen has a yellow discolouration around the lock button as if the pixels are dying/burnt out. Only shows up when it's a light colour being displayed, darks still show up fine. Has anyone experienced this?