account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z5 compact Chinese writing language

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia z5 compact Chinese writing language

Hi,

I've got Android 7.1.1, input languages Polish, English and Russian, and I can't add the Chinese WRITING language. I also can't add neither Xperia Chinese keyboard nor Japanese keyboard in manage keyboards section. Also the Chinese won't show up in possible dictionaries to download. I've contaced both livechat and email help, with no result whatsoever. 

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5compact/userguide/personalising-the-xperia-keyboard...

^ also doesn't do anything, nothing here appears in my settings. 

Can anyone PLEASE help me with finding a solution, apart from throwing away this constantly overheating model? Every other android user I contacted has this option, but apparently only this model luckily doesn't include what I need.

Thanks.