account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Learner
Message 31 of 165
Message 31 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Yup battery drain is very fast, on my Z2 I'd wake up to around 86% battery. My Z5 Premium 50% something is definitely wrong. I'm not factory resetting my phone and going through all that trouble of downloading all my apps again. This needs to be fixed!

The phone also is sluggish and it's actually crashed on me once! So much for an 8core processor!
Regular
Message 32 of 165
Message 32 of 165

I am actually impressed with the battery. Coming from a LG G3, this battery life is way better. 

On the LG G3, if I would disconnect it from charger at 6 am (06:00), the battery would be empty at around 5-6 pm (17:00-18:00).

On my Sony Xperia z5 Premium, doing the same thing, I have like 60-70 % left on the battery at 11 pm (23:00)

Only had the phone like a week, so the battery isnt even fully optimized yet. Battery life is great.

(I would call myself medium to heavy user)

Regarding the phone being slugish; I find the phone to be very snappy and fast, with very smooth animations.

This is my experience of the phone so far, your experience may differ. Slightly smiling Face

4k on youtube (and on netflix) is not a phone issue, it's a application issue.

Youtube and Netflix still do not recognize the Sony Xperia z5 Premium is a 4k device.

I'm am very sure and confident this will come/be fixed soon enough.

-Voltage

One time poster
Message 33 of 165
Message 33 of 165

Is there anyone who knows if Sony will fix this phone ?

For me I would almost say its useless.

After 30 minutes after I unplugged charger , the battery is on 86%.

And that is even on STAMINA-modus.

I have to charge phone 2 times pr. day.

I must complain and say im VERY disapointed, and will probably go the way and demand a money back for this phone.

Sony ??? Will there be an update on this issue ????

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 165
Message 34 of 165

Surely it is a software problem. Z2 occurred the same thing and then fixed. Let's wait. I've got the same problem in Z5. Lollipop have the battery drain bug.
Rookie
Message 35 of 165
Message 35 of 165

Same issue as khizar, the z3 had an amazing battery life but the Xperia z5 premium drains so fast. I was at 100% and checked on power management the estimated battery time. In stamina mode 12 hours, when I took the stamina out 4hours!!!! The phone is amazing with the stereo speakers, water resistance, screen, finger scanner, additional memory, dual sim and fast charging but the lack of proper power management is a serious drawback. I've had every z series for the exception of the z3+. The z3 was the best model when you think that the phone easily could go for 20 hours on heavy duty. I've had pretty much every single premium phone on the market operating on android. My prior phone was the LG G4 but the motherboard crashed and is now for repair. So I went for the Xperia being always really happy with the z series. Unless Sony comes up with a proper update for improving the battery in a very very near future, I will return to my qhd LG G4 with the additional battery.
Commissioner
Message 36 of 165
Message 36 of 165

I do not use Stamina mode, and I get at least 14 hours.  All my other Z devices get the same with the exact same setup in terms of apps.  If I turned on Stamina mode I'd probably may be able to go 2 days before charging which I have yet to try out.

Rookie
Message 37 of 165
Message 37 of 165

Hi khizar, I just did a factory reset and it seems to be the miracle solution. I don't know why it changed my battery consumption, but I did a backup through the Gmail account, factory reset and restored all data and re-uploaded all the previous apps. The battery works like a charm. Keep you updated to see if it remains stable.
Enthusiast
Message 38 of 165
Message 38 of 165

Does the factory reset solve the problem?
One time poster
Message 39 of 165
Message 39 of 165

Me to guys the Xperia z5 premium big problem with the battery drain so fast Omg I use stamina mode and the battery life is only 19h without watch videos ore talk Omg Sony Fix it
Adviser
Message 40 of 165
Message 40 of 165

My Z5P was also draining battery like mad. 8am fully charge, by 12nn will be left with 70%

I find that the wifi is draining most of the battery.

If I never turn on the wifi for the whole day, by 8pm, I will still have 90%.

So please Sony, fix your wifi.

Bring back the wifi optimization you did for Z2/3. Or put back location base wifi.

Now I using Smart Wifi Toggler which work like location base wifi, 

It improve quite alot, that by 12nn, I still have about 90%.