account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Regular
Message 11 of 165
Message 11 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Alright first i reset my phone to "factory settings format"everything then i repair my software via pc companion app after that i install my apps then i charged it full , right now its working fine battery timing looks good, i hope after all this it dont give me any problem with battery i didnt use camera so much took some pics but i used my phone for whatsapp fb and internet other apps. Its almost like 3hrs or more battery is 86%! With stamina mode on and everything else like gps wifi on from 100% battery!
Demigod
Message 12 of 165
Message 12 of 165

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this will help on your scenario, but it works for me.

Get into phone settings > Security > Apps with usage access >

Off what you think that is not needed I.e if google play services seems the one that Drains the bat. try to switch it off and monitor for few days to see if this works well for you.

Keep us posted.

thanks.

Regular
Message 13 of 165
Message 13 of 165

Does anyone know. How to watch 4k youtube on z5 premium ? Cux from computer it give me option to watch in 4k but not from mobile app its only 1080p
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 165
Message 14 of 165

Xperia Z5 Premium Serious Problem Please Respond

Hello,

2 Days back I purchased Xperia Z5 Premium. and i feel its  slow, takes time to open apps. and camera.

Then when i start using it  i feels the battery draining quickly . less then 12 hr .. its gets discharge.

Just now i charged it to 100% and in 5 min of operation when i see its 90% then i use ultra stamina mode. and when i came back home and tries to cancel the stamina mode its does not respond. i restarted it and then the phone does not going to normal mode and many error coming like google play stop responding.  and com.sony.themes.ru  not responding etc..

I am very disapointed..

can any one tell me what is going on with sony ?  its just 2 days old phone..

i also feel the Camera is not performing good as  its shoes inPromos..

any solution?

Visitor
Message 15 of 165
Message 15 of 165

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium Serious Problem Please Respond

I purchased the same and I am having the battery problem as well as it is draining so early less than a day.

Camera is also Okayish only when compared with my friend's iPhone.

Regular
Message 16 of 165
Message 16 of 165

First factory reset your phone then try to repair software via companion then install ur apps charge ur phone to 100% try it cux this works for me mine battery timing is more then 1 day without charging now and wifi lte gps on all the time and its on stamina mode ! Watch youtube so many times use camera still 68 i charged it yesterday
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 165
Message 17 of 165

I did, When i connect the phone to  mac ( Sony Bridge for mac ) its telling an update is there . i.e. 32.0.A.6.170 but could not able to diwnload due to server time out !!

dont understand why ..

and  why such defect on a high end phone ? i dont understand .. 

i rest 2 times.  the issue remains..  phone is slow ..  i have Xperia Z3 as well

when i comare it with z3 .. i feel z3 is far far batter then Z5 Premium , even the display .. and battery is excellent. perdormance is WOW>.  

why Z5 Premium is  sl slow and  can any one please explain me why i cant feel the 4K screen ??

i feel z3 screen is better !!

and why the volme is not that good.. and not properly set in the hardware button..

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 165
Message 18 of 165

Can you share your battery usage log/ screenshorts please.

One time poster
Message 19 of 165
Message 19 of 165

The Youtube app itself is limited to 1080 res. 

Remember that the Z5 premiun is the first 4K phone.

To circunvent this use tubemate to download the video and play in full 4k in your movie player in the phone.

I'm sure that Youtube will remove this limitation soon.

4k is outstanding on this phone!

Adviser
Message 20 of 165
Message 20 of 165

Guys please look here:

I guess everyone would still active mobile data while connecting Wifi.
So please try to turn off mobile data when you're not using!

This is the bug called :MobileRatioActive bug from Android.

Also, this bug has finally fixed at newest Android version: Marshmallow, so please wait for the update coming.