account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Learner
Message 151 of 165
Message 151 of 165

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium Serious Problem Please Respond

I have the same problem with the battery draining so quickly.
It seems to be a common issue, but what are Sony doing about it?
Will they offer a refund?
I'm considering contacting my provider [Ee) and asking if they will change the handset,I am only 6 months into my contract and it's driving me mad, it's not acceptable.
Any ideas anyone?
Apprentice
Message 152 of 165
Message 152 of 165

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium Serious Problem Please Respond

Charge battery 100%

Turn OFF Charging Optimization (About Phone - Status)

Phone reboots

Discharge to below 50%

Turn ON Charging Optimization

Phone reboots

Fully charge and your battery should be back to MM performance levels

One time poster
Message 153 of 165
Message 153 of 165

Re: Phone gets very hot

Hey, "Official Sony Xperia Support Staff" get out of this forum or at least shut up, if you cannot help people solve the problems they have with YOUR products!

Instead of doing unnecesarily and stupid marketing (we all know about the features and this is why we paid a LOT of money for YOUR product), why don't you came with real, concrete answers and solutions to our questions ?

I wonder why SONY is paying you for: marketing or technical support ? Yeah...i know it is a retoric question...You have nothing to do with a technical support person...

Shame on you SONY for treating your customers like this!

One time poster
Message 154 of 165
Message 154 of 165

Re: Phone gets very hot

Hi

I am facing similar problems as you all are: after update to 6.0.1, batt consumption is like drinking water when you are thirsty; batt gets hot very fast (worse still, when the screen is idle, it even gets hot); having to charge within 3 hours hours of normal use after full charge. And to make matter "worser", recently, after upgrade to 7.0, my Z5 Premium auto-shutdown when the batt showed 50+% remaining as I was using it! I could not restart the phone until I had to quickly connect it to my power bank and then I was able to power it on. And the batt level shows 50+%!!

Thinking that it was the batt issue, I had intended to go to a repair shop to replace the batt as my warranty has expired; but now, logging in here and seeing this string of complaints and futile recommendations makes me I realize I am not the only one facing these issues on my Z5 Premium.

Sony!!! Please wake up!! 

Apprentice
Message 155 of 165
Message 155 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

What are those people supposed to do who don't have a Pc, to use pc companion? 

I must admit... This initial and immediate response is not going to help those...?

It shouldn't be necessary... 

To need a pc these days...

One time poster
Message 156 of 165
Message 156 of 165

hi

any one can help me plz or when gone sony resolve this issue bcs before i was using android 6 on sony xperia x5 mini battery was working very well almost 24 hour after 100% charge but unfortunately i updated my sony xperia z5 mini to android 7 and now battery timing is 1/3 daily i have to charge my mobile 3 times a day 

Regular
Message 157 of 165
Message 157 of 165

Argh. When is Sony going to fix this!? Z5C after last update is terrible. Battery lasts only a few hours. Phone constantly hot. Battery usage is always being taken up most by "Phone Idle".

Terrible!

One time poster
Message 158 of 165
Message 158 of 165

Charge

With the latest android update, the charge speed out very quickly

ezy
Commissioner
Message 159 of 165
Message 159 of 165

Re: Charge

i am so peed off with this now i am trying anything.

i tried a software repair via the pc, it didnt fix any of the issues (very poor battery life, wifi not seeing you move about, not staying connected, wifi calling being randomly available even in the same location over the same day, nfc services being full, forgetting sd mp3s assigned to notification sounds etc...)

so i have now tried the "turn off charging optimisation"  idea someone posted on here...  and today a full charge is suggesting it might last 26hours... that is 10 more than it was suggesting it would last on a full charge before.

lets see if it is any better and if anything else improves or gets worse.

7.0.X   WORST UPDATES EVER

ezy
Commissioner
Message 160 of 165
Message 160 of 165

Re: Charge

Interesting.

my Z5 has been up for 7 hours... it still has 82% battery left and it estimates it will be good for another 22 hours..

this compares to yesterday where i would have been down to 50% and 8 hours left.

it has also kept connection to "wifi calling"

so turning off location & turning off the battery optimisation so far has made a stunning difference