account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Sony Xperia Support
Message 141 of 165
Message 141 of 165

Re: Phone gets very hot

Hi @Jankis,

Welcome to the community.

Don't worry too much Slightly smiling Face The Xperia Z5 is a high performance 64-bit Octa-core device with tempered glass display, slim form factor design, water resistance and dust resistance IP rating IP65/68.  All of these high performance features require optimal processing in which it is normal for heat to be generated by the device. Under extended usage like voice call, web browsing, gaming, camera recording, video playing, etc, it is normal that the higher speed processor will generate heat.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 142 of 165
Message 142 of 165

Phone starts getting hot within a few minutes of use

Why is it that after updating to the Z5 Premium to 32.2.A.0.253 firmware. The phone starts getting so hot within a few minutes of us. The previous firmwares did not have this issue. The battery life with this 32.2.A.0.253 is half of what it used to be. When will we get the new update? 

This is ridiculous. Is sony trying to make everyone jump to another brand? 

Also I noticed in my past sony phones such as Z2. With each update it was fast and the camera function was good. With my Z5 premium phone. The camera still remain the same. The software is still rubbish. Even though the hardware is good if the software is rubbish there is no point.

I hope Sony would deliver a new update with the firmware for this phone asap. 

Learner
Message 143 of 165
Message 143 of 165

Re: Problem for Z5 Premium 32.2.A.0.253 update

Same thing here, but even worse, my battery life has dropped to about half a day. This is outrageous! Why doesn't Sony test their upgrades first. I absolutely hate and cannot stand what has happened to my phone with this upgrade. Will seriously have to reconsider buying a Sony ever again.
Talent
Message 144 of 165
Message 144 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

I need to charge 2 to 3 times a day since 253 update.
I am really upset about this, because I've spent a lot of money on this phone.
My Z3 only needed 1 charge a day, sometimes every 1.5 days. And I sued that way heavier than this.
There are so many forums and complaints about the issues on the 253 update, I don't understand why there is no reaction 🤔😒
Talent
Message 145 of 165
Message 145 of 165

Screen on time is at 3 hours. LTE Reception at maximum, brightness at 45%.
WiFi drops every couple of minutes, on all other Sony phones it's completely fine!
Screenshots show that sensors measure temperatures of over 70% while not even actively doing nothing but having display on and showing sensor info.
No extra app tasks in background, only system apps.
Screen on time when watching YouTube or Netflix is 1hour 32 minutes.
As the screen runs on 1080p instead of 4k, this should not be happening, even if it's upscaled to 4k, it should not drain THIS HEAVY
One time poster
Message 146 of 165
Message 146 of 165

Battery draining

After I update my Sony to the newest version, it drain my battery really fast, I leave my phone at 87% and when I wake up I found that my battery only 17% left, have any suggestion for that battery charge optimization mode? Can I disable it?
One time poster
Message 147 of 165
Message 147 of 165

Re: Battery draining

Same thing here with my Sony Z5 compact.

I already contacted the support due to the fact that I thought my battery was broken.

Phone gets really hot when being used and battery lasts half a day.

Sony you really have to do something about that! Please! Before the last updated this was the perfect phone to me especiallly due to the battery life. But this is just horrible.

One time poster
Message 148 of 165
Message 148 of 165

My Xperia z5 premium battery worked fine for 3 months. Now over the last 3 days it's draining the battery ridiculously quick. Did anyone come up with a solution for this?
One time poster
Message 149 of 165
Message 149 of 165

Re: Phone gets very hot

Hello Cameron,

I have been a loyal Xperia fan since the Xperia Ion. Well back since the PlayStation 1 days to be fair. And one of my biggest concerns is the Xperia Z5 Premium. I have had this phone for a while and I love the 4K screen and the Triluminos display. However, the phone seems to run slower than my Xperia Z3 I used to have. I also have lately been experiencing major battery consumption/poor battery life. 

I noticed the poor battery life started right after I updated to Android 6.0.1. I also remember a message stating the battery was going life was going to be optimized to decrease the batter degrading over the life of the phone. I am regretting enabling the setting as now the battery won’t last 6 hours to when I used to have still 60 to 70% after work. 

I believe the root cause of this issue everyone is experiencing is a result of the 6.0.1 update. If your software team can look into the update and what option that was, if there is a way I can reverse that, I am positive this would fix the issue. 

Best Regards,
Isaac Acosta

Learner
Message 150 of 165
Message 150 of 165

Hi I am having the same problem, the battery drains so quickly, I have read through this forum & done what has been suggested in the settings tab, this makes no difference at all.
I use the phone constantly some days for my business and it is extremely frustrating when I have to charge it up by lunchtime.
If I am away from home travelling I have to take 2 power banks with me on my journey otherwise the battery will go flat within a couple of hours.
I am around 6 months into my contract and simply cannot wait until I can upgrade and get a different handset. I absolutely love my z5 premium, apart from the terrible battery life,
Please advise me if I can do anything to either change the handset? Having read posts from other people it seems like this is a real issue with this handset so please Sony help me, I am going crazy??
PS ; please bring back the "groups" tab in contacts, this has caused me a lot of inconvenience.!!