account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Adept
Message 51 of 165
Message 51 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

It's also showing as 22 hours use, 5 days standby. Is this normal? It was showing much longer times a couple of days ago!
Message 52 of 165
Message 52 of 165

@read It will estimate on the recent usage pattern, so yes, it means you will get 22 hours as you use the device for now.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 53 of 165
Message 53 of 165

Dual or single? If dual make sure both operator have a good signal,tried using GSM or wcdma not lte
Learner
Message 54 of 165
Message 54 of 165

Same prob my z3 had at least twice the battery but that's the only thing i am disappointed with
Adept
Message 55 of 165
Message 55 of 165

Thanks. that makes a lot of sense!

If the systrem is estimating battery life based on how I'm using it then it would have to conclude I don't have a lot as I've been setting everything up, messing arround with tasker, looking at widgets and that sort if thing, so heavier than normal use.

TBH my main worry was that using a Qualcomm Quiclk Charge 2.0 charger might somehow have messed somethign up, but that didn;'t really make sense either given that it's Quick Charge compatible...

Thanks for the reply 

Barry 

Adept
Message 56 of 165
Message 56 of 165

Came across this on the web while browsing, might be of use to a few people wandering what the battery life for the Z5 Premium should be?

Z5 Premium battery test results

One time poster
Message 57 of 165
Message 57 of 165

I can confirm that a factory reset helped with this issue. Hope everyone will try this! 

Apprentice
Message 58 of 165
Message 58 of 165

Me too,I'm facing the same problem
Inhabitant
Message 59 of 165
Message 59 of 165

I disagree with GSMarena on the battery life.
I consistently get 2-3 days with 5-6 hours screen on time.
Stamina mode is on. Location settings set to Device only. Google accounts made to sync only the stuff I need and brightness set on Auto medium.
Its quite a beast really. Just needs 5 min of ur time to make it purr.
Inhabitant
Message 60 of 165
Message 60 of 165

And factory reset it imperarive. As soon as u get it Slightly smiling Face