account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Adept
Message 61 of 165
Message 61 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

I've also just got an Xperia Z5 Premium, and the battery life actually seems to be getting worse. I've tried rebooting, battery savers, uninstall everything except things I use all the time, and I get posibilly half a day if I'm . When I first got it I'd get a day and a half if I was using it really lightly. I lovw the display, but the stats say it's using something like 30% of the power...
Adept
Message 62 of 165
Message 62 of 165

I contacted support who advised me to repair the OS with PC companion [essentially reflash the OS]. Initially it may have made a slight difference, but in real terms its either modify how I use my mobile, carry aeeound a battery pack, or get a different phone. If this is is a software problem is it being worked on? Is there going to be an update to fix this co's at the moment I'm basically charging this twice a day. Once a day I have no problem with, and my Z3 gave me exactly that level of performance.

These are some very rough stats

12:40am 95% Quick charged from 30% [last night]
3:43am 92% ][was 93] Added info to keep [in the morning ]
6:28am 89% Checked phone, launched Taptalk in response to notifications. Been in airplane mode all night.
8:01am 73% Deleted some photos, shot a couple of photos of my rabbit.
10:14am @ 48% Added Android wear, calender, Guardian, and lifelog into the active standby apps list.
10:27.@ 46% Reset the fingerprint scanner with new prints.
11:05am @ 41% Been in sleep mode waiting to be woken up.
12:47pm @ 23% Reset my Sony smartwatch 3, beamed two image's and received a screenshot. Received a Facebook massage..
1:11 @ 17% 10 minutes web browsing with Chrome, texting, and smartwatch 3 use.

Recharge!
One time poster
Message 63 of 165
Message 63 of 165

I have the same issue with my Xperia Z5 Compact. It drains battery so fast. just with a %30 capacity usage, it shows that my battery has a 17 hours life!? If I used it with a rate such as %75 capacity, battery life just took 4 5 hours. What is the problem?  It is just my second day with that phone.... Furthermore, the authorized dealer I bought my cell phone, told me that there is nothing we can do. However, there is some particular consumer rights at Turkish Repucblic Laws that I can return if there is a problem with the product in 7 days.. I suppose the dealers in Turkey has a certificate of primary school. 

Adviser
Message 64 of 165
Message 64 of 165

I've had similar issues, the battery lasted just one day.

Then, I've started my Z5P in secure mode for a single time, for app bug hunting. After that, starting in normal mode, the phone battery lasts up to three days, slight usage (4,5h Display On Time).

Maybe, this is of any help.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 65 of 165
Message 65 of 165

I am getting 3 hours screen on time. Only browsing and WhatsApp nothing else
Learner
Message 66 of 165
Message 66 of 165

Hi try installing the Snapdragon battery app from the Google play store see if that helps ,it learns for 2 days what the charging habits are and tries to optimise your phone for you.

Learner
Message 67 of 165
Message 67 of 165

facebook has been really bad for draining batterys on IOS and android i stopped using it and my battery lasted all day ,im using the snapdragon battery app and greenify app together and  my battery is going beyond a day with them both.

Apprentice
Message 68 of 165
Message 68 of 165

Im having the same problem, my z5p doesnt give me more than 3 hours of SOT...! I did a software repeair but the problem persists.

One time poster
Message 69 of 165
Message 69 of 165

About to perform a factory reset on Mine as the battery was fine on my premium until the last software download from Sony themes
Now ever since I am dropping percent very quickly
Can someone please advise on best way to factory reset
Is it best to take out sd card first??
Seems weird that a Sony download has caused this issue
Adept
Message 70 of 165
Message 70 of 165

Hi,
I just got z5p yesterday and I was shocked about battery drain. My Z2 was far better. It was like doing nothing and battery dropped to 90%.
Having stamina mode on.
Will it be fixed soon by Sony?