account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Adviser
Message 21 of 165
Message 21 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

I was having a similar issue however stamina mode has helped a lot...also it has the superfast charger that helps...think I'm gonna keep this phone....I'm sure with future updates Sony will iron these problems out..
Adviser
Message 22 of 165
Message 22 of 165

I have checked my screen time...1hr34mins..I've gone from.100% to 58%..no gaming just Web browsing...with my brightness around a third..personally feel this pretty poor...my note 4 use to last much longer...I mean this phone only uses it 4k when watching 4k content...so on a 1080p screen what's using up the battery??..I don't even any apps installed that drain my battery....I also have the stamina mode on...have another 10 days left...thinking about returning the handset and going back to Samsung...
Message 23 of 165
Message 23 of 165

That's definitely not okay.
Either there is something wrong with the software on your phone or it's a faulty battery.

Try repairing the firmware with the PC Companion and try battery life without installing stuff. If this doesn't help exchange the phone.
Message 24 of 165
Message 24 of 165

Agreed^^^^^
Just checked mine, 11% left, brightness at around 50% screen on time 4hr48m

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 25 of 165
Message 25 of 165

Hi...is it just Web browsing or have you been doing other things?? Games? You tube?
Adviser
Message 26 of 165
Message 26 of 165

@viridis
Message 27 of 165
Message 27 of 165

Mostly Web, some music via headphones, 1 or 2 YouTube short video, a few pics and 2 or 3 uhd videos to show my mate.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Adviser
Message 28 of 165
Message 28 of 165

I've fully charged my battery with stamina mode...estimated battery time says I have approx 13hrs left??? 10 days stand by??? Doesn't seem right on estimated battery
Adviser
Message 29 of 165
Message 29 of 165

I haven't even used my phone yet
Highlighted
Message 30 of 165
Message 30 of 165

Based on average,
If you just have fully charged it and then immediately checked this, it will calculate a lifespan based on the fact that you've had the screen on 95% of the current usage etc.