account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 165
Message 1 of 165

Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Hello im new to sony talk. I need help. i recevied my phone week ago i notice that everythjng works fine but battery drain so fast. Even with the stamina mode on and brightness is very low and i also set the auto brightness please help me out.... I also updated my phone to new version but it still same i also clear the stamina mode app settings and when i checked that which app using more battery there no app there please help me out thanks.i install same apps which is install in my z3 but z3 give atlest 1 day or like 20hrs battery the why i use it normally the way i use it .
164 REPLIES 164
Commissioner
Message 2 of 165
Message 2 of 165

Re: Xperia z5 Premium battery Drain so fast

Hi @Khizar

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are expriencing.

If you go to Settings > Power Management > Battery Usage. That will give some breakdowns of what is using up the battery. 

Is any paticular function using a disproportionate amount of battery life? 

Regular
Message 3 of 165
Message 3 of 165

Thankyou @john-Br for your fast response ... I checked it...its all normal i mean the normal app like android os , android system, screen .. i didnt see any other app which use the battery ...
Adviser
Message 4 of 165
Message 4 of 165

I find same issue as well its not one application its can be anything like android os,screen etc. If you dont use your phone much battery life is ok but if you start using it battery drains very quick i think its the snap dragon 810 is a power hog

Regular
Message 5 of 165
Message 5 of 165

Yea everytime when i start using whtsapp or facebook battery starts drains fast so i stop using it much but sony says it give like 2days battery time but mine its like not a half day o used xperia z3 i always using whtsapp checking notification it atlest give me around 20hrs to 1 day or more but z5p battery drains fast i charged my phone to 100% after just 4 hours battery is 46% with stamina mode on from 100%.
Regular
Message 6 of 165
Message 6 of 165

Did anyone try to reinstall the new software ?
Visitor
Message 7 of 165
Message 7 of 165

I have had my Z5 premium and I am not impressed with the battery life that was advertised by Sony, and I am a Sony employee!

It looks to be draining in half a day, even without using the phone.

Visitor
Message 8 of 165
Message 8 of 165

Physically stunning phone though, the chrome back is beautiful. Bit big and thick but can deal with this. Just battery life is so disappointing, dont know if I should return this now?

Message 9 of 165
Message 9 of 165

I read a lot of ranting about bad battery life on the Z5 premium but I'm still missing some real figures. What about screen-on-time? What about usage figures? What about LTE or bad reception?

Given the big battery the Z5 premium should last 2 days without a problem since the only component which really drains more battery than on the Z5 compact is the display...

The usual 5hours screen-on-time over the course of 2 days should really be possible otherwise it's a letdown.

Regular
Message 10 of 165
Message 10 of 165

Its sad to hear that this also seem to be same problem as for z5 compact. Need to charge it two times daily and Im still angry for something I feel did not represent the reviews. Listening to music (soundcloud) and take some snapchat on my way to work for 30 min costed me 30% of the batteri. Hopefully sony will fix this,.