account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z5 waterproof?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia Z5 waterproof?

Hello..im confused πŸ˜• about my z5 waterproof...i want to know if its really a waterproof mobile because of the open ports like usb and headset ports...
Is this safe for the z5 under water even the usb and headset ports are open...did you try to your z5 to put it undwr water?
Please answer me if its safe and 100% waterproof...tnx
2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia Z5 waterproof?

@Amin23 masses of information relating to this on the Forum already, type in Z5 Waterproof or similiar wording in the SEARCH BAR & have a good look thru the results

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia Z5 waterproof?

Hi @Amin23,

The device is water resistant without the ports being covered, but always make sure that the USB port is completely dry prior to connecting any USB cables as it could short the electronics inside the device. If you have exposed your device to moisture, then I recommend that you wipe off any excess moisture from the device using a micro-fibre cloth, and also shake the device vigorously at least 15 times while the USB port faces downwards, and then repeat the process until there's no visible moisture.

I also advice that you should not submerge your device completely under water. You can find more information as to how you may handle your device during wet and dusty conditions on our website:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5/userguide/Using-your-device-in-wet-and-dusty-condit...

Feel free to let me know if there's anything specific you may be wondering about and I'll do my best to assist! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.