account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 plays ringtone when long pressed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia Z5 plays ringtone when long pressed

Hi I am very happy with my Xperia Z5 and only finding the usual expected faults like you get in most phones but I did come across a fault that I found rather annoying, unusual and unexpected, when I long press (3 seconds) the power button to shut down the phone the phone plays the standard Xperia ringtone continuously until I shut down or restart my device but what's more intriguing is if I continue to long press the power button my phone adds the same ringtone so now I have two of the same ringtones playing continuously but out of sync and that will happen each time I long press my power button.

I am wondering if it was a setting from an app I installed because I don't think this was happening when I first got my phone in 5 months ago and I have been through all the settings I could find and even the developer settings.

Has anyone experienced this with their Xperia Z5?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Re: Xperia Z5 plays ringtone when long pressed

Thanks, I found it, there looks like there is a bug in the "Accessibility shortcut" leave this feature turned off, it was a little confusing because it reads:

"When this feature is turned on, you can quickly enable accessibility features in two steps:

Step 1Face with stuck-out Tongueress and hold the power button until you hear a sound or feel a vibration.

Step 2:Touch and hold with two finger until you hear audio confirmation.

If the device has multiple users, using this shortcut on the lock screen temporary enables accessibility until the device is unlocked"

I have copied all the text from the "Accessibility shortcut" page so that someone might be able to make sense of it and in "Step 2" Where do "touch and hold"? Don't android know that I have a sensor on my power button? and have a touch screen? Or is this a conflict between android and my device?

Anyway I figured it out, don't turn on the "Accessibility shortcut" on your Sony Xperia Z5, it's bugged.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

I think this is your answer:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Power-button-plays-ringtone/m-p/10763...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Genius
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I think that the solution is the one posted by alexdon, it's funny because I had the same issue and I thought what's the purpose of such function???

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@YoGem I have no idea, I know I've seen the things a user was complaining about some time ago, checked accesibility and bam, there it was. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, I found it, there looks like there is a bug in the "Accessibility shortcut" leave this feature turned off, it was a little confusing because it reads:

"When this feature is turned on, you can quickly enable accessibility features in two steps:

Step 1Face with stuck-out Tongueress and hold the power button until you hear a sound or feel a vibration.

Step 2:Touch and hold with two finger until you hear audio confirmation.

If the device has multiple users, using this shortcut on the lock screen temporary enables accessibility until the device is unlocked"

I have copied all the text from the "Accessibility shortcut" page so that someone might be able to make sense of it and in "Step 2" Where do "touch and hold"? Don't android know that I have a sensor on my power button? and have a touch screen? Or is this a conflict between android and my device?

Anyway I figured it out, don't turn on the "Accessibility shortcut" on your Sony Xperia Z5, it's bugged.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Touch and hold on screen perhaps? @Charlie4 I will try to get some info on this.

EDIT: @Charlie4 It seems you have a long notification sound, try to change it under settings-sound to a shorter one. It should play a notification sound. There can also be cases where it is set to loop.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@alexdon I tried to touch and hold the screen in many locations but this seemed to do nothing, when it comes to the "long notification sound" it does seem to be on a loop but the problem is there is no setting to unloop it that I have found, in any case the setting "Accessibility Shortcut" does not seem to operate the way it is advertised to do. so it leads me to believe there is a conflict with this setting.

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Loop or repeat is within the ringtone file itself, there isn't a setting for it. Try one of the default notification sounds.