account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z5: camera issue

SOLVED
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Xperia Z5: camera issue

Have you taken the film off the back of the phone ?
That's how the pics look if it's still on.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I too was shocked to see such bad image quality n that too from Sony.. I ordered it online n looks have got the defected piece.. So Have wasted no more time n have placed request for return.. Very disappointed 😞
Learner
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Hey guys.. I read one of ur comments n just removed the back film which was intact n I didn't removed it to keep protected from fingers prints inked but I did removed it n then again took the pics.. Pics are absolutely clear n crisp with detailed info.. I was so stupid.. Problem solved.. Thanks everyone for ur valuable suggestions..
Learner
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Thanks virdis..
Talent
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Hahahah i assumed you already did that so I haven't mentioned it Grinning Face Glad you sorted it out man. Enjoy your Z5 Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Thanks viridis..
Learner
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Hahaha.. Thanks again.
yce
Commissioner
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

The problems are as follows (from my experience also):

1. The corners are totally blurred because of very bad lens construction. This is an issue that Sony had from Z1 mostly (G lens issue - 2013). 15% of the left corners/margin is blurred (lens issue).

Sony_20160811_122552.jpg

Processing is very good at camera, but also when shooting macro, the touch capture on center is clear as here:

Sony_20160811_124632.jpg

And when focusing on defective lens aria it's like this:

Sony_20160811_124650.jpg

Only blurr!

2. Your pictures have this issue in my regard. When in salt water/hand touch on lens this is the effect. Be careful when having greasy hands and using the phone. And the most unfortunate of all situations is that the Z5 line smatphone cameras have, is like a very weird and weak pastic camera sensor protector made by a different material as the back cover and screen, that can be easily broken and/or scratched. When is used in touch with oil, water or even dust enters there (in the sensor room) this is what  happens (as shown in your example).

SONY LEARN FORM YOUR PAST MISTAKES PLEASE!

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME WHEN HAVING A BRAND NEW SONY DEVICE WITH DEFECTIVE CAMERA LENS, MY LETTER TO YOU FROM PAST WHERE IS IT NOW? THANK GOD THE PHONE IS AWESOME IN OTHER AREAS!

I hope I could help!

Thank you for understanding!

Rainbow 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Hello,

I didn't want to start a new thread... So here we go.

My Z5 has a serious problem with the back camera, the front one is working just fine. 

When you try to take a picture or record video, the screen shows you like this pink or white lines, the screen is like flashing and going from dark to brilliant (I know, sorry, it's not a great description)... Do you think that the phone's camera is broken or damage?  From the outside, the camera lens looks good.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Hello again, Update on my Z5 problem: Maybe a month ago or so the phone's camera stop working. The lens and the outside of it seems to be in great condition. But if I try to take a picture or record something, all I got is a black screen, nothing else. At first I thought it was a software problem and try a few things. Nothing helps! Maybe is the hardware. The front camera is working perfectly good.