account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 - Wifi and bluetooth won't turn on

One time poster
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Xperia Z5 - Wifi and bluetooth won't turn on

October 2017 - My z5 has just restarted itself and now the wifi won't turn  on at all.  Tried all simple fixes to no avail.  Are Sony trying to phase this phone out or something? Lol.

Update - on again after about 10 restarts

Update - ITS HAPPENED AGAIN! :-(

Learner
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

I have the same issue, and this is how I solved it.
WiFi turns "on", but it does not see any networks.
Bluetooth won't turn on.

This is how I solved it.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Support.
Run the "Wi-Fi" test.

It takes a while, but it passes.

2. Run Bluetooth test. 

3. Then reboot. My Wi-Fi now (often) starts as it should.
Please note that the problems comes back from time to time.

This is a work around, not a fix.

Visitor
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

I have the same issue and this is not the only issue with the Xperia phones. This is my second z5 as they are bad!!! And on top f Sony being a bad phone they have the worst service ever!!! Stop making phones and robbing people!

Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

@Sip3

While I understand your frustration, but using vulgar words and curses won't help your case. Keep it clean, please.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

Tried your trick, it helped.

Interesting though, Wi-Fi doesn't hold the connection, it keeps loosing connection and then reconnects again ....

One time poster
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

They suddenly stopped working WiFi and Bluetooth.. They solve a problem plz send me ........

Visitor
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Hi, i was also facing the same problem in my xperia z5 premium dual, i tried everything like reset,hard reset, software repair by sony pc software and flashtool to fix this problem but nothing works. When i become tired form every ways finally i fixed it by simple way.

Goto about phone in setting+ status + charging optimization. Make OFF your charging optimization. It will restart your phone. Now your wifi and Bluetooth both will work smooth .Enjoy 

Visitor
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

the Solution is in this tutorial guys  https://youtu.be/p_I7lrW9scw

In This Tutorial I am Going To Show You Guys How To Fix The Issue Of The Xperia Z5 Phones Wifi And Bluetooth Wont Turn On. Simply By Going To Settings, About Phone, Status and then Charging Optimisation. You Will Surely Find It On, Turn It Off. Your Phone Will Reboot And Boom. After Reboot You ...
One time poster
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

hey that doesn't work. any other solutions?

One time poster
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

It worked on my Sony Xperia Z5. 

Thanks so much!