account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z5 Premium Dual update, make my media get failed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z5 Premium Dual update, make my media get failed

Hey there.
My Xperia when using android 7, is upgraded to build number 32.3.A.2.33(still android 7) through update app in its settings successfully.
After that, I've trouble with media files on my SD card.
Pics and videos disappeared and I have to restart phone again and again.
Thanks for your help.
Sincerely yours Akay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium Dual update, make my media get failed

I found the solution!

Without any connection to pc, SD card fall in a trouble; bad sector!!!

Some of my movies and photos may not be copied and I had to format SD card by Windows(not Xperia).

PROBLEM IS SOLVED

Thank you anyway 🙏🙏

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @akaii, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Are you able to see the pictures at some point after restarting your phone? You can also check if you can see them if you connect your phone to a computer and browse the SD card that way. If you have taken the photos with the camera application there are stored in DCIM/100ANDRO.

If you can see them in your computer but not in your phone, start with resetting the Album application in your phone, this will not delete any photos or videos. To do that go to Settings > Apps > Album > Storage > Clear data > OK. You can also try using the Photos application (Google Photo) and see if they are visible here.

If there is no change, try resetting the media storage in your phone, this will force the phone to read in all media files again. To reset this application go to Settings > Apps > 3 dots > Show system > Media storage > Storage > Clear data > OK. Restart your phone and wait 15-20 minutes for the media files to be read in again by the phone.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Dear @Jonas

I do those steps b4 posting here. But I did it again. Problem isn't solved. Sometimes I need to restart my phone to show SD content in file manager apps(but I can see used space as right as must be). Some of my media files are shown as broken. But those broken media are opened without any problem in professional media apps like "Picsart". Also I can see all of it in my pc.

I think the internal app or special interface of new upgrade of Android 7 make this problem.

Unfortunately all of my apps slowing down and sometimes show a question of "not responding window" with 3 choices "restart app, wait, send feedback" and finally that app is closed! 

Is anyway to downgrade to first Android 7 or "ANY SOLUTIONS" please 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Adept
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I show another problem, in other words maybe the basic problem:

All apps in settings that show data and cache (in Storage tab below of uninstall and force stop buttons) have problems: it takes long time to show its size. I think the problem is about storage apps or strongly! related to it.

Adept
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I found the solution!

Without any connection to pc, SD card fall in a trouble; bad sector!!!

Some of my movies and photos may not be copied and I had to format SD card by Windows(not Xperia).

PROBLEM IS SOLVED

Thank you anyway 🙏🙏

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again!

I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to being sick. Slightly frowning Face

Glad to hear that you were able to find out what was the cause of this and I hope you were able to save most of your photos and videos!

Let me know if there is anything else!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.