account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z5 - Issue with expanding notifications in notification tray

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Xperia Z5 - Issue with expanding notifications in notification tray

I'm sorry to hear that.

I've been testing this here but this doesn't happen in my phone. Would it be possible for you to take a log file from the phone when this has happened and send it to me? I will forward the log internally for more information on what could cause this.

To do this:
Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number

Go back and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging"

Restart your phone

The next time it happens:

Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready share it to Google Drive and then send me a link in a private message.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Have the same problem, both with or without case and screen protector.

Don't know how to reproduce it cause it happens by chance.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Any solution for this issue?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

@JayDee1282

I'm afraid i don't know what could cause this. I've been testing this here but it doesn't happen in my phone.

Would it be possible for you to take a log from your phone and send it to me as i mentioned above?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Updated to 32.0.A.6.200 yesterday.

Problem seems to have gone.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

@Rickard 

From last 2 weeks I've noticed that issue is not there anymore.

When I bought the phone, during first two weeks it was very frequent. Now it's almost gone, don't know what fixed it. Only critical change or event I recall is that I did factory reset when my phone went crazy after disabling UStamina mode. But I can't say for sure if that fixed the problem or was it something else.

I've it in mind to get you logs in case I face it again.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Glad to hear that it works now Slightly smiling Face

Please let me know if it should happen again and it would be great if you could capture a log after it has happened in that case.

One time poster
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

I am facing the same exact problem, it is so annoying and unacceptable by now! Even after the update
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

We have found the cause for this and it will be fixed in the update to Android 6.0.

This may happen if you use PIN, pattern or password as screenlock.