account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 81 of 197
Message 81 of 197

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

Another z5c user here with significant issues after the recent update. Did a reset via Xperia Companion, issue remains.

One time poster
Message 82 of 197
Message 82 of 197

Same here, the phone almost died after the latest updates. I feel it was not the nougat, but once I approved the phone to update 35 apps after returning from a trip it became almost unusable. Even answering to phone calls is almost impossible as well as taking pictures. I hard reseted the phone without help, but now disabling movie creator seems to have done something - or then it's just hopeful thinking.

This should be fixed - I like the size and feel of the phone so much I just had a new camera assembly installed a few months ago. So my paper weight is even mor expensive now.

Visitor
Message 83 of 197
Message 83 of 197

Xperia Z5 Compact not enough ram for 7mm

Why would you allow this phone to upgrade to 7mm Sony?  

It doesn't have the ram to support it..... 

Now I own a brick,  I will be following this up with Sony as the product does not perform as advertised.... 

Extremely disappointed.

Visitor
Message 84 of 197
Message 84 of 197

Disabling (why oh why does Sony not let me remove this bloatware?) Movie Creator did it for me. Which is ironic as Sony assured me the problem was not theirs but some app I (!) had installed. There were a thousand ways they could have fixed this in a heart beat, but chose to invest their time telling everyone it wasn't their fault. What is wrong with these companies?

One time poster
Message 85 of 197
Message 85 of 197

similar problem since 7.1.1 update. Why are compatability issues not researched and fixed before software is updated? Phone is about as much use as a paperweight at the minute

One time poster
Message 86 of 197
Message 86 of 197

phone is unusable since 7.1.1

terrible update. you should rollback ASAP!!!!!!

Learner
Message 87 of 197
Message 87 of 197

Disabling movie creator makes it somehow more stable on my end, but the bugging is not completly gone. Seems that its not the only app which got a memory leak or something like that.

One time poster
Message 88 of 197
Message 88 of 197

Samma problem som alla andra, seg telefon och appar kraschar. Jag har lokaliserat problemet till ramminnet som är på max hela tiden. Android suger upp ungefär 1,2 gb av totalt 1,8 gb, blir inget över till apparna. Sonens z2 drar Android 6 ungefär 0,5 gb. 

Varför släppa OS om tfn inte klarar av 7.?

The same problem as everyone else, phone and app crashes. I've located the problem to the frame memory that is at maximum all the time. Android sucks about 1.2gb of a total of 1.8gb, nothing gets over to the apps. Son2 z2 draws Android 6 about 0.5gb.

Why release the OS if no can not handle 7.?

@Ceez

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

@uliwooly

Adviser
Message 89 of 197
Message 89 of 197

So I'm currently on a cruise around the Canary islands and have just received notification of the update on my phone but have NOT yet downloaded it. 

However I'm having the same problems as others who have updated it apps running slow, camera not working correctly, calls getting cut off a d phone getting hot. 

All of this makes me concerned about updating but also feel that something else is causing the problems. 

One time poster
Message 90 of 197
Message 90 of 197

In this update there are lot of problems. I need to restart the phone few times in a day, because it is useless. At least 10 times in a day the android loose the connection with the sim card. Only few minutes is enough to become boiling hot if I use it.

Terrible update, please fix it as soon as possible. I bought only few month ago, I have not got money for a new phone. But if the problem will be unsolved we need to change our phones. This Z5C is my 3rd Sony, but the producer of the 4th is depends on you...