account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 91 of 197
Message 91 of 197

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

After update this phone is totally useless, icons are loading more than 10 seconds, battery drain quickly, camera is crashing all the time and all apps are laggy. Please fix this ASAP!

One time poster
Message 92 of 197
Message 92 of 197

Had all same problems... Phone very hot, crashing,  unable to pic up calls, used lots of data and battery after update, rendering 12 mth old expensive phone useless. 

Deleted lots of apps trying to fix, affected business...  Sony this is a very poor show. Was about to bin phone and buy another NON Sony phone when came across this thread. 

Disabled Movie Creator... 24hrs on seems to have done the trick. Thanks for posting.  

One time poster
Message 93 of 197
Message 93 of 197

Re: Everything wrong after 7.1.1

I have also Problems after update to 7.1.1. If i add Bitrix24 under accounts and syncronisation the login seams to work, but Bitrix24 is not added to the List. So i can't  syncronize Bitrix24 with my calendar on the Xperia. It is very wrong for me.

Apprentice
Message 94 of 197
Message 94 of 197

Your troubles have nothing to do with the recent upgrade to Android 7.1.1

z5.JPG

I took my phone of the power on Sunday 9AM and now, exactly 2 and a half days later, it's almost empty. No more battery drain, no more sluggishness. 

Screenshot_20170718-211137.png

Okay, you can only see the pictures when you log in. Recap: Disable Movie Creator; Reboot into Safe mode by pressing the power button, then holding the reboot option for 1 second; reboot again. I got 2 days, 14 hours and 36 minutes before 0% empty.

Regular
Message 95 of 197
Message 95 of 197

I was also scared of this update having read all the bad comments and I have been pleasantly surprised. This is a definite improvement over 7.0.

One time poster
Message 96 of 197
Message 96 of 197

Same symptoms here for over a week. My Z5C here isn't on 7.1.1 yet, so I agree with some of the other posters that the 7.1.1 update may not be what's causing this behaviour. 

At present, my phone is completely jammed: Blueish glow on the screen, very hot and doesn't respond to long-pressing the power button or anything else. I guess I'll have to wait until the battery dies and hope it will start up again tomorrow.

Sony, do you have any information at all for your customers who see their high end handsets left useless?

Adviser
Message 97 of 197
Message 97 of 197

@XperiaFiend:  I too have problems with basic telephony.  I have to dial each contact minimum two-three times to try and place an outgoing call. All incoming calls from contacts GO straight to voicemail even with phone on, maximum volume, and near me.

Early install of 7.1.1 update actually managed to BYPASS my PIN PROTECTION upon startup feature! In the early days of 7.1.1 install, if i put my phone on standby after startup showed my pin entry screen, android would go to regular standby mode despite NO pin ever being entered: all apps accessible, home screen and shortcuts accessible. Only the sim was not being accessed. SOME TRAPDOOR that is! Can't rely on anything. Anything. After a few days, this behavior under 7.1.1 went away. Now if instead of entering a pin, I put my phone on standby and reopen, it still asks for my pin before allowing access to any home screen (like it should). But why the other behavior when it was fresh? There is no respect for anything. Software is free for all.

Rookie
Message 98 of 197
Message 98 of 197

I agree that it seems to be the what's new app which cannot be fully disabled. I've factory reset, disabled movie maker & other apps, booted into safe mode, etc. This is a horrible experience. I don't think I'll be getting a Sony again.

Learner
Message 99 of 197
Message 99 of 197

Hey Sony, what gives? Has anyone heard if they plan fixes? I am ready to change phones brands. 

One time poster
Message 100 of 197
Message 100 of 197

Same problems here. System memory usage progressively increases from about 700MB when first switched on to about 1.4GB after a day or so, at which point the phone is unusable with all apps, including the desktop, constantly being evicted from memory and restarted from cold. The phone even loses track of the SIM card and says I don't have a SIM intermittently. This problem started in 7.0.0 for me, and is still htere in 7.1.1.