account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 101 of 197
Message 101 of 197

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

För mig med nästan helt oanvändbar, va fasen sysslar dom med????

Translation via Google translate:

For me with almost completely useless, huh, are they dealing with ????

Apprentice
Message 102 of 197
Message 102 of 197

Not the Android 7.1.1 update is the culprit, but the recently updated Movie Creator app!

So for everyone not reading the previous pages:

1. Disable MOVIE CREATOR
    to prevent overheating, slow-downs and battery drain
  2. Reboot into SAFE MODE 
    to clear the memory cache and free up memory

(while phone is on, press Power button, hold Reboot option for 1 second)
  3. Reboot again to normal mode
  4. Enjoy 2 days of standby time Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 103 of 197
Message 103 of 197

Wow,  I did what you explained,  deactivate movie creator,  reboot in safe mode and reboot again normally and it works!!!! 

Thank you very much! 

Not only the battery drain stopped, all the lag went away. Grinning Face

Visitor
Message 104 of 197
Message 104 of 197

I am inclined to think it is not a problem associated with the upgrade to 7.1, because my problems started a week or two previous to that update. But I am not sure when I first noticed the issue and I do not know when the movie maker was updated, so I cannot make any judgement about that. However, I have just this minute disabled the app, rebooted into safe mode and then rebooted normally. I eagerly await positive results.

Apprentice
Message 105 of 197
Message 105 of 197

I've heard of a similar problem on the Z3 Compact. And that didn't get a 7.1.1 update (unfortunately). But it does have Movie Creator, obviously causing havoc on the Z3C as well.

It's been said before that Movie Creator was the cause, but everybody is posting without reading previous comments.

But just disabling Movie Creator isn't the full solution as it does stop the drain but memory is still insufficient as the OS is using up almost all available memory. Running Safe Mode (which is not available on the Z3C, I've tried), clears all cache memory.

Message 106 of 197
Message 106 of 197

My Xperia Z5 is SO SLOW...HELP!!!!

Hi.

Am I the only one having problems with my phone being SO slow after the latest update? The menues are slow. The apps reacts slowly and so on. I need to restart my phone twice a week; never had that problem before and I've had Xperia since it was introduced on the market. I truly hope that someone can help me!!

Have a great Day :-) 

Message 107 of 197
Message 107 of 197

Re: My Xperia Z5 is SO SLOW...HELP!!!!

@Danmark_jutland

What's your phone model, exactly?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 108 of 197
Message 108 of 197

Its a Z5 - app. 6 months old

Learner
Message 109 of 197
Message 109 of 197

I have exactly the same issue with my Z5 compact. I have to reboot my phone every second day because it gets so slow. 

My girlfriend got an update to android 7.1 last week (exactly the same phone) while for me there is no update available. I am still on android 7.0. However we both have the same issue with the phone getting very slow after some days not beeing restarted. 

Learner
Message 110 of 197
Message 110 of 197

I will give this a go. And I will know quickly. I like Movie Creator so I like to see it fixed.