account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 5 of 196
Message 5 of 196

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

I received an OTA update last weekend and my phone has been unusable ever since. At the moment the issues include the following:

- No GSM/LTE connectivity within T-Mobile network in NYC. The connection establishes, and is dropped 5-10 seconds later. No calls, messages or data goes through in the interim. 

- Battery usage has increased severely, with the whole battery draining in 5 hours without connections or use

- Extremely slow load of home screen and transition between apps. With wifi enabled, apps like Whatsapp take 10 seconds or more to load. Transitioning from apps to the home page takes up to 20 seconds with each icon loading separately.

I have factore restored the device four times and I have troubleshooted the connectivity issue with my carrier with no help. At this point I need a valid route to downgrade back to my earlier OS or you have a lawsuit in your hands for bricking my phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 166 of 196
Message 166 of 196

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

Hi Everyone, I am sorry to hear about what you are experiencing.

There is an article on our support pages regarding similar behaviour, please have a look here for more information:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5/kb/80193074058bc94e3015d73f0b078070a/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

195 REPLIES
Visitor
Message 1 of 196
Message 1 of 196

Re: Z5 compact gets very HOT after Nougat update

Hey mate,  I have a compact as well and have noticed after updating to 7 that the phone is running slower/lower performance. It is noticeably slower when viewing photos / zooming in on photos, opening up app menus and just general usage.  I have spoken to Sony support and I am sending in my phone for repair hopefully they can fix the issue.

One time poster
Message 2 of 196
Message 2 of 196

I have a problem with my Z5 premium after the update. It was super hot and battery drained like crazy. I read in one of the forums that a cache reset helped (power button + increase volume button) tried it couple times and it didn't work. I was on verge of factory resetting my phone. I did the cache resetting one more time and didn't turn on the phone right away, just let it sit there for 10 mins. Now it seems to work fine for 48 hours so I guess it's worth a try.

Visitor
Message 3 of 196
Message 3 of 196

Oh great. Gonna try that. Hopefully that works.. 

Visitor
Message 4 of 196
Message 4 of 196

Hmm sounds formiliar.. Let me know if it solved anything.  I'm not that keen on sending my phone for repair but if nothing else helps.. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 196
Message 6 of 196

Exactly the same issue, the phone always crash after 7.1.1 OTA update, need to reboot it 4/5 times a day...

PLEASE FIX THAT QUICKLY...

One time poster
Message 7 of 196
Message 7 of 196

Same here. It's absolutely atrocious. I have to reboot my phone and restart apps everytime I need to use them. 

Learner
Message 8 of 196
Message 8 of 196

I'm having real issues after the 7.1 patch too. Several programs keep crashing and I've noticed increased battery usage as well as slower than normal loading times. The programs crashing sound important, including  'call handler' etc.

Is anyone investigating this please sony?

One time poster
Message 9 of 196
Message 9 of 196

I am seeing exactly the same - phone is almost useless.

Sony needs to fix , somone obviously skipped the QA part of the software release pipeline Face with stuck-out Tongue

Learner
Message 10 of 196
Message 10 of 196

samma sak here. EFTER SENASTE uppdateringen SÅ ÄR telefonen jätteseg och Jag Måste Starta Om telefonen HeLa Tiden. Telefonen Har blivit oanvändbar. Nu Maste Sony FIXA This problem.