account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 191 of 197
Message 191 of 197

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

And the camera does not work, difficult focusing and does not shoot video, the app stops. I will return it back. This is an outrage. I downloaded another app from Google Market so I can shoot a video. I'll give it back, well there's a guarantee.

One time poster
Message 192 of 197
Message 192 of 197

I do the same. I think nougat update still unstable to release. So, it better to downgrade to 6.0.1 than trying luck with 7.x.x update.

Before, I was on 7.1.1 with the camera won't do autofocus (fixed focus in macro mode) and unable to capture just freezing when I pressed capture button. Then I flashed stock ROM 6.0.1 and all worked again.  

Apprentice
Message 193 of 197
Message 193 of 197

so, my solution to the problem, I returned it to their official service as it was a guarantee. Replaced the front and rear cameras, battery, foil adhesive double side battery, panel back, PBA/CS control module... now works perfectly.  Perhaps the problem is not in the new Android but to be a hardware problem. 

One time poster
Message 194 of 197
Message 194 of 197

I had the same problem, i did a factory Reset, and disabled Movie creator automatic function. Now it is working fine ! Thanks for the tip. i just noticed that since i bought it in 2015, when i used camera, the phone become very hot on the back and difficult to handle... this phone is ok, when browsing and playing games, but using video is not very comfortable because of the heat!

One time poster
Message 195 of 197
Message 195 of 197

I updated to the 7.1.1 update perhaps 1.5 years ago and had to deal with a rediculously slow performance for this entire time.

I'm talking about crazy overheating, and practically unusable. Apps taking 5-10 seconds to load, slow responsivity, installation of new apps or updating would just hang forever, etc etc etc. The phone ended up becoming a complete Piece of Sh*t.

Anyways, after 1.5 years, I decided to finally do a factory reset (it's dangerous when you have 2-form authentication with your phone, and certain financial institutions - the last thing you want is to be completely locked out of your money).

Anyways, as of right now, the factory reset has made the phone operable again. I have disabled all future automatic updates from Sony.

This phone, will last another 3-4 years for sure.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 196 of 197
Message 196 of 197

My Sony z5 compact suddenly died just out of warranty 

From all the over heating main board damaged

This phone is very unreliable be warned if you need this phone to run your life 

I had most stuff backed up to google

Yes I did maltable clean installs and resets but it was still a dog of a phone

I have gone back to samsung s9 it just works like a phone should and just updated to android pie no problems 

You will get no joy dealing with Sony warranty they will just fob you off

Don't reward these guys by buying another Sony phone be warned you will suddenly lose all your  info on the phone back up to google

One time poster
Message 197 of 197
Message 197 of 197

@Emir wrote:

Hi Everyone, I am sorry to hear about what you are experiencing.

There is an article on our support pages regarding similar behaviour, please have a look here for more information:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5/kb/80193074058bc94e3015d73f0b078070a/

This link doesn't work,  at least on my phone, please don't mark the problem as solved