account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
PG0
One time poster
Message 161 of 197
Message 161 of 197

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

I've got a Z5 Compact running 7.0 and 32.3.A.2.33 not applied the recent 7.1.1 update yet due to the bad experiences mentioned here. 

I recently experienced occasional slowdown and battery drain mostly caused by Android OS process reporting 4+ hours of keep awake. I tried disabling Movie Creator (without booting in to safe mode) but that made no difference for me.

Also tried turning off  NFC for a day.. No difference. Then tried disabling Bluetooth and that actually made a significant difference! I'm now getting a full days use again! Android OS process is reporting must less keep awake times.

Regular
Message 162 of 197
Message 162 of 197

Same problem as the 17 pages of comments.

The only solution was the factory reset, it solved the problem.

Adviser
Message 163 of 197
Message 163 of 197

Surprised to have spotted this thread, I had a very big lag and very warm phone over the past few weeks, the right hand side of the screen would go yellow when it heated up, so I logged a repair case with Sony.

I didn't send it off for 3 weeks actually as I didn't have a replacement phone, but I did a few master resets and it was ok for a short time. 

Anyway I finally bought a cheaper phone to use and planned to send mine into Sony. Unfortunately my car mount is a green sticker pad and unfortunately I used it that evening, as I pulled my phone off, it cracked all the back of my phone.

Basically now Sony are saying I broke the phone and the screen, they are wanting to charge me £100 for a full refurbish. I am arguing with them that I broke the back and would pay for that but I have not broken any other element, it seems the screen burn is relating to the heat from the SW.

Adviser
Message 164 of 197
Message 164 of 197

Marc,

I am still facing problems even after reflashing the phone. eved disabling movie creator did not help with basic telephony problems

you can see my issues here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/XPERIA-Z5-Heating-up-and-problem-with...

Learner
Message 165 of 197
Message 165 of 197

ppietro wrote: 

Addendum to my post.  Just reading back through this entire thread - and saw the note about Movie Creator.  In my experience, that isn't the root cause for these issues - but I bet it exacerbates it.  Basically - it seems like anything that touched Internal Storage memory in the background would cause this.  Disabling the Google Assistant would restore a bit more functionality - but again - not enough.  Manually clearing app caches and the system cache partition (power button and volume up) seemed to help a bit - but it would still die after a while.  I did try removing my SD card - some folks reported that solved the issue - but it made no difference for me.

For me, the prime offender was a 3rd party app that did temperature updates to the notification area.  When I'd uninstall that app - it would cool down considerably, and I'd get a little functionality back - but it would tank again after 12 hours, forcing a reboot.    

After the Xperia Companion Backup/Software Repair/Restore, I put the 3rd party back app in, and it's working fine. Same with Movie Creator - I'm running version 4.7.B.1.3 and am having no issues.  (Knock on wood - I like Movie Creator.)  

Thanks for the Movie Creator tip - I'll definitely keep an eye on it.   I haven't taken many photos since I repaired it, so it's been quiet.  Next time I take a bunch of photos, if it starts to act up, I'll look closer at Movie Creator.

Again - this is just my experience.  I have no idea what's really going on here. Slightly smiling Face

Cheers,

Paul

One more addendum to my post.  GSM Arena just published this:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_issues_a_fix_on_xperia_z5_performance_issues-news-26537.php

According to the article, the official statement is:

"Sony Mobile is committed to providing the highest standard of product quality and customer service for all of our products. A software update (version 4.7.B.1.3) has been released for the Movie Creator application, available in Google Play, which fixes a performance issue affecting some Xperia customers.

Customers are recommended to update the application and restart their device. As always, customers who have any concerns regarding the performance of their Xperia device may contact their local customer service."

After my software repair, I noted above that my Movie Creator version was indeed 4.7.B.1.3.  It's looking more and more like that may have indeed been the culprit.

So far, the phone's been working great.  (Knock on wood-like substance).

Cheers,

Paul

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 166 of 197
Message 166 of 197

Hi Everyone, I am sorry to hear about what you are experiencing.

There is an article on our support pages regarding similar behaviour, please have a look here for more information:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5/kb/80193074058bc94e3015d73f0b078070a/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 167 of 197
Message 167 of 197

Temperature

New Z5 gets pretty hot while using.

Enthusiast
Message 168 of 197
Message 168 of 197

Hello Guys

I bought my Z5c in November 2015. Until Thursday it had been working fine. We all know about battery drain and all that but actually the phone was working. I personally like the phone a lot.

On Monday July 31st, I updated to Nougat 7.1.1. Everything was OK. On Thursday Morning the back / home / recent buttons were not working.

I already tried:

- Factory reset

- Software repair (Xperia Companion)

- Flashed the phone and changed CDA to another region

I don't think this is a hardware issue because the buttons work in the lockscreen and in landscape mode. It just doesn't work in portrait mode.

This made the phone unusable. My phone company gave me a Sony Xperia XA for $47. This phone was bought unlocked.

I really need your help please

Thanks

What can I do in this case? I don't think there's a Sony repair center in my country

One time poster
Message 169 of 197
Message 169 of 197

good evening, just installed 7.1.1 italian version, no problems, swipe/scroll is fast and clean, battery usage seems really OK

good job Sony

One time poster
Message 170 of 197
Message 170 of 197

Too hot

Too hot