account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 131 of 197
Message 131 of 197

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact unusable after 7.1.1 update

Will try the Movie Creator fix as well.

Phone has been unbearably slow. Hope this fixes it.

Visitor
Message 132 of 197
Message 132 of 197

I have the same problem, it started with 1 week before the last update, but after the update it is really crap, one of my workmates has a Z5 and he has the same problems.

One time poster
Message 133 of 197
Message 133 of 197

Very nice. I have tried all that (Movie Creator was already disabled, so I enabled and disabled again) and nothing happened, the phone is worse than ever.

Visitor
Message 134 of 197
Message 134 of 197

Deactivating movie creator has definitely had a positive effect on my phone. I haven't had to reboot or charge it for two days. Worked for me. Slightly smiling Face :smileysmileythumbsup:

Message 135 of 197
Message 135 of 197

Z5 Premium 7.1.1 is a shocker!

This is such a poor release. This forum alone lists many things like battery drain, poor connection and being unable to delete photos. One things that's bugging me is that I can't retrieve tweets on Twitter and can't even log in to my main account. However, my secondary twitter account that uses a different email log in works fine. I'm having to log in to twitter on a different device to use it. This update seems to have either been rushed out, and not thoroughly checked, to keep up with other manufacturers or, the Z5 simply can't handle it. Either way, it seems as if Sony has simply pushed this update just to keep users happy rather than make us wait for ages, like usual. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 136 of 197
Message 136 of 197

Re: Z5 Premium 7.1.1 is a shocker!

Buckleberry69: to keep users happy or force an UPGRADE CYCLE ($$)??

OK since got no response to my earlier question about what was the earlier firmware prior to 7.1.1......let me ask:Has anyone tried the Sony official fix of downloading a "software repair" app .....hello? what does the "software repair" app (via "Companion" )do other than delete everything on your phone?

http://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiaz3compact/kb/0231018807c614a08013cec540b570068fb/

Learner
Message 137 of 197
Message 137 of 197

Same problem here (Germany):

- higher battery drain

- high memory usage even when no apps are running 

- performance slows down 

- icons on the start screen appearing slowly one by one when entering from task screen 

- 4G connection is lost and reconnect is only possible after reboot 

Looks like this release wasn't properly tested before the rollout. I'm using Sony because I care about reliability and stability. Please be more careful with the next release and take the time you need to come back to the quality Sony customers are expecting. Features are not everything. 

One time poster
Message 138 of 197
Message 138 of 197

I have same issues here in Hungary! 

Getting very hot after 5 minutes telephone call..

Camera works rarely...need restart to fix it...

Homescreen is slow...

When i want to take a picture and i press the buttom whats up is launching..sometimes emails..

The phone is unusable now.... i had Z1 Compact than Z3 Compact...and i have never had issues like this..  My wife also use Z5 Compact...

Fortunatelly there is no problem with my father's Z5 ...

I called Sony Hungary, they advised me a factory reset..but i read here it was good for  nothing! Slightly frowning Face

Very very very disapointed!

I use the phone only for calling , use firefox, use youtube, and emails.. thats all..nothing interesting..  i am not facebook member...and so on..no games on the phone.. nothing which can kill memory...

What more.. memory alway busy..ower 80%...

I think there would be 2 way.. use only cheap phones..from Samsung or Huawei..and i will change it every year..or every after Android refreshing..  or buy a Galaxy S8 Slightly smiling Face  which is painful...

One time poster
Message 139 of 197
Message 139 of 197

I have suffered some issues with my Z5C after this update, never really had any issue before the 7.1.1 update.

The disabling the movie creator has made a big difference to the performance of my device which I am pretty pleased with but I'm baffled as to why it was affecting the performance so badly! Props to whoever discovered that!

My device was constantly redrawing all the icons on the home screen when exiting from an app but this has stopped now and its also more responsive.

I was having to reboot it frequently and it was really draining the battery and the worst bit was that I was unable to answer calls as the phone app would lag when I got a call and dragging the button to answer lagged out so I missed the call I tried to answer! This was really annoying as you can imagine.

Going into the support app from Sony identified that phone services has been crashing.

Hopefully Sony can identify what it is and fix it with an OTA update and I wonder if it affects other Z5 devices!

One time poster
Message 140 of 197
Message 140 of 197

Same problem here. Tried clearing cache, deleting photos etc. Been awful since this last upgrade. C'mon Sony sort it out - send out a fix please, or is this a ploy to get us to get new phones?