account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact not using aptx with Sony wh 900n

Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z5 Compact not using aptx with Sony wh 900n

Hi,

I am having this problem only with these headphones, and they are Sony as well! It is only with them, I have tried other headphones with aptx, plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 and senheisser 4.50 HD, and I get the message "the connected device can support aptx". The connection with them is flawlessly. Whereas with the wh 900 I don't have it. I installed the Sony headphones app and it only allows you to use ldac or Sbc. Apparently, this phone is not going to get Oreo so I am stuck.

I already asked Sony support and they said aptx is not supported in these headphones when it is even in the model white paper.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact not using aptx with Sony wh 900n

I meant that the phone model supports aptx according to the white paper as well, the headphones supports aptx and aptx HD.