account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact not support VULKAN on Android 7

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 37
Message 11 of 37

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact not support VULKAN on Android 7

Just circulate on how SONY treating those flagship users on every blog, website or even youtube. This company is useless; enough said. We paid for nothing.

Regular
Message 12 of 37
Message 12 of 37

The reason why z2, z1 didn't receive 7.0 was due to lack of vulkan support. Now you don't bring it to Z5 that DO support it? Why? Want an answer, not a list that says which phones will get it!.... Would you be happy with such an answer? We bought premium device but get so poor support.
Visitor
Message 13 of 37
Message 13 of 37

I'm also disappointed that Xperia Z5 didn't get Vulkan Api support with new 7.0 update, but I don't blame Sony for that.

Z1/Z2/Z3 couldn't get Nougat not because they don't support Vulkan Api but because they don't support neither Vulkan Api neither OpenGL ES 3.1. To receive Android 7.0 Nougat, smartphone need to have support for Vulkan Api OR OpenGL ES 3.1. Xperia Z1/Z2/Z3 don't have hardware that can support OpenGL ES 3.1, so Sony & Qualcomm can't do anything.

Right now, Xperia Z5 GPU - Adreno 430 (Snapdragon 810) - doesn't have drivers that support Vulkan Api. On february 2016 Qualcomm announced that Adreno 530 (Snapdragon 820) have support for Vulkan Api, and they have plans to add support for that to Adreno 430 because hardware is compatible. But for know, there are no Vulkan Api drivers for Adreno 430, and that's why Z5 family hasn't got Vulkan Api yet.

But - unlike Z3 -  Xperia Z5 already has drivers that support OpenGL ES 3.1, so it meet requirements to receive Nougat. That's what happened. Z5 received Nougat.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 37
Message 14 of 37

Snaodragon 810 has official Vulkan drivers, which are already ported to z5 family, but you need an unlocked bootloader and flash via twrp.Search on xda developers.
Visitor
Message 15 of 37
Message 15 of 37

They ported exclusive 6P drivers, not official, because Qualcomm hasn't yet released official drivers. Ask Qualcomm why 6P got drivers and everyone else don't.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 37
Message 16 of 37

I cant believe that!! You gonna say that qualcom just give drivers to google and dont release it for sony??!!
Apprentice
Message 17 of 37
Message 17 of 37

Visitor
Message 18 of 37
Message 18 of 37

I know you're just doing your job but as a company shame on you!
This is some shady business practice and I don't appreciate it.

Sony mobile is a sinking ship and don't deny it. You guys need to realize this, forcing users to adopt your newer X series by barring features from the Z5 won't boost adoption rate, instead it'll do the opposite of what was intended and will only throw off your current loyal customers which oh yes it will and also the potential buyers with all the negative feedback this is going to receive, customers reads review before purchasing things.

Thank you for all the years your products have assisted me in but no more will I ever purchase anything under this branding unless you throw away that arrogance and provide actual good service.

Apprentice
Message 19 of 37
Message 19 of 37

I found out they completely disabled 4 A57 cores in z5 serries and also they didnt improve opengl es to 3.2 version!!!!! How can they do that???!! Htc m9 got 100000 benchmark with opengl es 3.2 and z3 plus got 70000 just because of these issues. So I agree with you Khairul. SHAME ON SONY!!!!!!!
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 37
Message 20 of 37

blind-oln, 

For Google Nexus devices firewood exclusive, remember the Tegra 3 processor.

Mh71, 

The A57 cores are not disabled, to check use Multi-Core Observer.

On the website Qualcomm is said to officially release a driver for Adreno 4xx.

Ported driver Vulkan and I think that he is exclusive only for Nexus 6P. 

Screenshot_20170212-191848.png Screenshot_20170212-191912.png