account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact not support VULKAN on Android 7

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 37
Message 1 of 37

Xperia Z5 Compact not support VULKAN on Android 7

Will there be soon support Vulkan API? 

Adreno 430 supports Vulkan API (this was stated by Qualcomm in February 2016). 

Без имени-2.png

Без имени-0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 37
Message 3 of 37

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact not support VULKAN on Android 7

@samavar I've received more information today in the form of a list of devices that will support the Vulcan API. I'm afraid that Xperia Z5 Compact isn't one of them.

The following Xperia™ devices support Vulcan API after being updated to Android™ 7.0 (Nougat):

• Xperia™ X
  • Xperia™ X Compact
  • Xperia™ X Performance
  • Xperia™ XZ

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 37
Message 2 of 37

Hi @samavar,

I will see if I can get information about this. I'll let you know here as soon as I know anything new.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 37
Message 3 of 37

@samavar I've received more information today in the form of a list of devices that will support the Vulcan API. I'm afraid that Xperia Z5 Compact isn't one of them.

The following Xperia™ devices support Vulcan API after being updated to Android™ 7.0 (Nougat):

• Xperia™ X
  • Xperia™ X Compact
  • Xperia™ X Performance
  • Xperia™ XZ

View solution in original post

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 37
Message 4 of 37

@Christofer thanks for the information, Sony once again cheated like a manual camera settings.

Sorry for my lame English.

Message 5 of 37
Message 5 of 37

Vulcan api

Snapdragon 810 and Adreno 430 support vulcan drivers and yet Sony disapointed yet again on z5 series and did not include them on 7.0 firmware. I am big Sony fan but Sony destroyed them selves Z series and especialy z5 with bad and outdated firmware constantly (no latest stuff from X series in Z5 that also supports everything like X does).
Apprentice
Message 6 of 37
Message 6 of 37

Why no vulkan, no manual control for z5.

Vulkan drivers are available for sd810, why we don't have in the newly released update? Also, someone ported to work on our z5s in xda, but we need unlocked bootloader and twrp, so it's not factible to everyone.
Sony says that they hear to customers, but we asked long time ago manual controls fou camera, and still nothing.

Why this bad support, why this lack of communication? We purchased a premium smartphones to have premium services, and being treated like this, you achieve what you deserve, less and less sales. And coming from an Xperia Sp, then this with a z5, I give up with this company.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 37
Message 7 of 37

Yes, Sony, tell us, why in 7.0 you stopped 4 of 8 cores completely? We paid for 8 core. -_______-

Apprentice
Message 8 of 37
Message 8 of 37

Just wait, and enjoy reading how their mobile division sinks. I NEVER won't recommend any Sony smartphone. Bad updates for almost "pure stock" android. Security patch? What is this???? Customers?? Pay an overpriced phone, in 6 month another flagship and repeat. I'm going to try my best to publish how Sony treat customers in every tech blog, like Android police, authority and more. That would be honest advertising for you.
Talent
Message 9 of 37
Message 9 of 37

Now looking for another brand, what do u recommend?

Talent
Message 10 of 37
Message 10 of 37

I'll wait and see what Nokia and Samsung has got up in their sleeves (though Samsung is as bad at supporting older phones as Sony), or I'll wait for the next Google Pixel to be released (with Snapdragon 835 SoC). If not, I can even go to Apple, you know, and end this "begging for proper updates" shenanigans and finally be at peace for at least 3 years...