account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z5 Compact WiFi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

z5c
Regular
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia Z5 Compact WiFi doesn't connect while phone is in sleep

I've noticed that my Z5C doesnt connect to WiFi connections automatically. If i step out of my home, and come back, the WiFi doesn't connect back on its own, unless i unlock the device or start to operate it normally. Same about my Office WIFI. But once connected, its all ok. Are any of you guys facing the same issue. I have heard of Lollipop WIFI problems before. Is it common? Looks bit annoying that i have to unlock it always just to get it connected. I have also activated the "always scanning" option under the Advanced wifi settings. Didn't make any difference.

Topic edited by Rickard

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact WiFi Issue

Do you have Stamina Mode activated?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Yer, I have a similar issue, which means it eats into my mobile data. Not too happy about. 

Also, I can see mobile data being used when wifi is working. Do you get this too?

Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Clacher

Mobile data being used while WiFi is on is some new "feature" added by Google to Lollipop, it automatically activates if senses poor connection on WiFi and it switches to data.

@z5c

Try to go to Settings -> WiFi -> tap on 3-dots icon and choose "Advanced" -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> Choose "Always"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for the quick reply. I am new to the phone and there are alot of settings!

Just double checked this and it is set to always. Where I work you do go in and out of wifi hot spots. So that is not gonna help. It is just weird that it will not sort itself when I am back at my desk. The wifi adapter is above my desk

Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Clacher

I'm sorry, the second bit was for the original poster, I edited my reply to be more specific. Yet your issue is different and you can try testing if this happens in safe mode or not.

z5c
Regular
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

No the Stamina mode isnt activated, no i havent started using SIM on it too so no mobile data yet, and yes the always wifi during sleep is activated. However, i did use an app called the WIFI connection manager

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roamingsoft.manager&hl=en

so it seems to have an option called WiFi fix, and different types of fixing are there- Standard fix which erases all saved WIFI's, the simple fix which doesnt erase but does some correction, and advanced fix which requires root. I went to try the simple fix and then checked for WIFI issues. Steped out of the office twice and when i came back, it got automatically connected. Have to check the home WIFI later.

Visitor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I will give this a try too. But looks promissing Slightly smiling Face

z5c
Regular
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

The WiFi fix by the WiFi connection manager didnt work, WiFi still doesnt connect automatically when i come in range. Sony Xperia Care, could you help me out in this?

z5c
Regular
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Iv'e tried the safe mode. The problem still exisits. So it isnt caused by a third party app. Mostly looks like a software bug to me. Because once i unlock the device, then the WiFi auto connects, and stays online too.